Re: How much longer can you expect to keep an audience with no new content?

by npgibbs

Original Post

How much longer can you expect to keep an audience with no new content?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am a huge fan of all of the Plants vs. Zombies titles, and heroes in particular is my favorite. I have been a player since the beginning. I hate to say it, but if they do not add some new content soon I am going to move on to greener pastures. It has been well over a year since they released any new content for this game. How long can they expect to keep an audience with no support for this game. When it first came out they had new content all the time. I cannot even remember when they added a new event card. You would think the least they could do if they are not going to come out with any new characters is to make Beta Carotine and Huge Giganticus purchasable like the other characters. This is really sad because there are a lot of people still playing this game. Unfortunately if a game does not make EA millions they do not bother to spend any money on it. It is sad this is a very fun game that is going to disappear do to total apathy on the game creators part. Oh well, its been fun playing with all of you, but I fear if they do not add content soon, I am going to find something else to play.

Message 1 of 5 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

Games getting no new content isn't something new in the industry. When looking at battlefield for instance: When the game releases you can buy premium and get every dlc early etc but after a while the dlc's will stop coming because of various reasons. This doesn't mean that the dev's have given up on the game but rather have moved on. I am not really familiar with PvsZH but if it's a game that is doing well you can be quite sure of a new game coming out, this is quite common and happens alot with popular franchises but isn't a definitive thing to happen.

After all, the game industry is still a big industry where alot of money can (and is) being made. So yeah, when the big companies like EA don't see a profit coming in anymore they can decide to reduce or stop the production/development of that game. As I mentioned earlier: this doesn't have to be a bad thing because it can indicate the production of something new. One thing you must not forget to do is to stay realistic and realise that it can be very difficult for dev's to keep a game interesting long enough and maintain a stable audience. All above all, no-one is forcing you to keep playing the same game... You can hop onto something different if you want to. Just don't worry too much about a game, that's already 2+ years old, not getting new content. 

Message 2 of 5 (615 Views)

★ Pro

@woehoeje221 wrote:

Games getting no new content isn't something new in the industry. When looking at battlefield for instance: When the game releases you can buy premium and get every dlc early etc but after a while the dlc's will stop coming because of various reasons. This doesn't mean that the dev's have given up on the game but rather have moved on. I am not really familiar with PvsZH but if it's a game that is doing well you can be quite sure of a new game coming out, this is quite common and happens alot with popular franchises but isn't a definitive thing to happen.

After all, the game industry is still a big industry where alot of money can (and is) being made. So yeah, when the big companies like EA don't see a profit coming in anymore they can decide to reduce or stop the production/development of that game. As I mentioned earlier: this doesn't have to be a bad thing because it can indicate the production of something new. One thing you must not forget to do is to stay realistic and realise that it can be very difficult for dev's to keep a game interesting long enough and maintain a stable audience. All above all, no-one is forcing you to keep playing the same game... You can hop onto something different if you want to. Just don't worry too much about a game, that's already 2+ years old, not getting new content. 

Yes, it's so true. PvZH has potential and some true fans, but without new content it's losing players. I am playing it since beginning and I love this game, but it's getting repetitive and little boring after a while. I'm missing only few cards on both sides and when I will collect them all, maybe then it's right time to move forward..

Message 3 of 5 (602 Views)

★ Guide

I think something happened though. When you click on Collection there are 4 parking spaces for additional plant and zombie heroes. Maybe they had plans but plans changed.

Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

★ Pro

@npgibbs wrote:

I think something happened though. When you click on Collection there are 4 parking spaces for additional plant and zombie heroes. Maybe they had plans but plans changed.

Those were my first thoughts, it seemed like a break, but after more than a year, and as many posts as these, so many emails to them, and they never gave an answer, it concludes, what we may not want to accept, but it's that, the game is finished, they are not going to add new content. 

Message 5 of 5 (584 Views)