Re: Good F2P Decks?

by jakeman102201

Original Post

Good F2P Decks?

★ Guide

Hey guys, I am an F2P player who usually gets around rank 35 by end of season.

My heroes for plants are: Solar Flare, Wall Knight, Green Shadow, Citron, and Captain Combustible.

My legendaries for plants are: 1x Poppin Poppies, 2x Soul Patch, 1x Reincarnation, 2x Pineclone, 1x Doubled Mint, 1x Muscle Sprout, and 1x Three-headed Chomper.

My zombie heroes are: Super Brainz, Rustbolt, and Electric Boogaloo.

My legendaries for zombie are: 1x Interstellar Bounty Hunter, 1x Shieldcrusher Viking, 1x barrel of deadbeards, and 1x Zombie King.

I have a bunch of super rares, and not many event cards. I currently have saved up 1,190 diamonds, and 6,300 crafting currency/sparks.

What deck/s would you recommend? I am aiming for taco league this season. How should I be spending diamonds and what should I craft? Any other tips are also appreciated!

Sorry for such a long post, just excited to try to get some advice Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (5,190 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I posted this deck some time ago:

Screenshot_2017-07-18-23-06-45.png

As the title implies, is a cheap deck that includes no Super-Rare or Legendary cards.

I got pretty good results with it. (I beat some Ultimate League players with it, with a liiiiittle bit of luck).

You can check the original post and try it out if you want to.

If you have any doubts about it, I will be glad to help you out.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Cheap-Deck-Wall-Knight/m-p/6163799#M6060

Message 2 of 5 (5,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
Not super cheap, but not that expensive at all. It works great for me. Based on your diamonds and sparks, you should be able to get all cards in this deck.
Message 3 of 5 (5,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@jakeman102201 you should really specify what you enjoy to play. I would like to abstain to advice you to build a deck from your accumulated ressources which you dislike to play.

From the legendaries I see there;
Flare seems the least feasable for you; reincarnation is * and you either wait for it to get a buff/change or recycle her right away. I don´t know if there is a thing coming up for her but I would still recommend the latter. 
Pineclone would be much better in Captain because Mega growth allows for easier board flooding then solar. But Pineclone decks without 4 pineclones are difficult to pull off anyway.

Three Headed Chomper is....alright I guess? I personally do not really like it but I´ve seen people to swear on its power. Its probably a matter of taste.

Green Shadow/Citron. You got really good legendaries for both of them but you have neither Brainanas and/or Dragonfruits. I rarely say something is irreplaceable but I don´t think you would be happy without either if you don´t own at least two brainanas and/or Dragonfruits. Smarty relies pretty heavily on them.

Regardless if you are willing to buy two or three in any combination you like you could build a bombass deck for each.

That said; you can build Green Shadow Beans with essentially zero legendaries. you need a few epics though.

Wall knight: you could make wallknight work but to be fair; considering that most decks already opt to perform well against heartichoke, heal denial will become a thing soon and you lack Astrovera, I cannot really advice you to do that. Its expensive and because everyone is prepared to play against it, a half-hearted version of it is probably not going to work out well.

Captain Combustible: Musclesprout and Double mint are pretty good but also not really well as singles. Pineclone can work out fine as a curvetopper in a mushroom deck but I would not do that. Captain decks can be pretty cheap and they are pretty straighforward. Good old repeat moss is still not entirely dead and mushroom aggro is also very good. both decks are dirt cheap even in maxed out versions.

So what to do?

You should ask yourself what kind of deck you want to play and then look into this list of Deck /I/ would advice you to pick from:
Green Shadow Beans (midrange/combo deck. you Play a lot of Plants and few tricks and you draw a lot of cards. You win via Admiral Navy Bean most of the time). No further legendaries required
Citron control (control. You win by playing and protecting starchlord and denying your opponent almost everything they try to do. Effective but games tend to take at least 10 turns). You also need at least two brainanas and/or Dragon fruits to play this effectively
Captain Mushrooms (aggro. Overrun your opponent with mushrooms) No further legendaries required.

Captain Moss (Aggro/combo. Smash your opponent early on and finish with repeat moss. slightly slower than mushrooms but more consistent actually.) Cheap!
Green Shadow Big (Midrange. You just play plants that keep on growing. Blacked eyed peas, potted powerhouse, double mint, Muscle Sprout, Clique pease. True midrange). You probably want more growth legendaries (bananasaurus/Double Mint/Muscle sprout)

Message 4 of 5 (5,153 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the long reply! I would say I most enjoy playing very fast decks(t6/7 win or bust), or reallllly long control decks(t17/18 win) I like all my plants heroes except citron, solar flare is also hard to make work. I would say captain and wall knight suit my playstyles best. For zombies I like fast super brainz, or long electric boogaloo games. however boogaloo has been doing well with a very fast pet deck for me lately. Hopefully this can narrow down my favorite ways to play!

Message 5 of 5 (5,140 Views)