Going Viral

by Whitney5248

Original Post

Going Viral

★★ Novice

I hate this card so much. It should be identical to “Sow Magic Beans” where it shuffles going virals but you don’t also draw a card. I’ve played opponents who have played three or four in a row and it’s so annoying and almost as tedious as playing against the Faceblaster deck (which I love playing but not against). 

Message 1 of 10 (1,467 Views)

Re: Going Viral

★★★★ Guide

the mechanism is same, but there is huge difference between them. sow magic bean put minion on your deck, which very useful 1-cost minion 4/4 with draw card. while going viral is very risky card, because you put more going viral in your deck. which means, lowering the probability to draw minion card. there will time when all your minion wipe out (hello doomshroom) and you only draw going viral everytime.

i agree sow magic bean has to draw card too.

Message 2 of 10 (1,450 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Personally I don't like either of these cards, but I dislike Sow Magic Beans especially. A 4/4 for 1 that also draws a card gives it literally no downside to being played. It has insane tempo AND insane value, and to top it off, it's completely RNG based as to whether you draw the beanstalks or not. I think the fact that it no longer draws a card when you play Sow magic Beans  gives it at least a slight reduction in power, but even then it can still trigger Admiral.

Message 3 of 10 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Guide

The draw on Going Viral is really what gives it both value (no inherent, as zombies aren’t garunteed and +1/+1 doesn’t necessarily make any difference in survivability) and flavor (it would not be possible to play multiple times in a turn if not for the draw).

The draw on Sow just made it unnecessarily good. The beanstalks already have built-in draw.... making it a cantrip spell with literally no downside with some obscenely good interactions with certain other cards.

Hating a card is no reason for nerf, and seeing it played multiple times in a turn isn’t, either. If the Going Virals are piling up, that probably means you’re in end game territory.... and it hasn’t been a particularly fast game at that.

Cards that demand nerf are cards that warp the meta by making decks too fast or two consistent. Going does neither of these things so far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 10 (1,399 Views)

★★ Novice
Maybe we agree to disagree, but I do believe it makes decks too fast. I have been way ahead, say with 35 health or so (getting there with Astro Vera on a Pair Pearadise) and then been annihilated by Going Virals. I agree that +1/+1 may not affect survivability, but +3/+3 or even +4/+4 certainly does. It’s also tedious and sometimes downright ridiculous. I can see how, if you love playing a hearty zombie hero, that you would defend the card. But as a plant lover, I defend my right to hate the card. Cheers!
Message 5 of 10 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Guide

Astro Vera on Pair Paradise is.... turn 8? Unless you’re ramping? Turn 9? Turn 10? Turn 11? Turn 12? Is that what we’re calling fast in the wake of Valk?

I jest... but my PR is KO on turn 3 (no Valk either. Still don’t own it. This was recent.) and I didn’t use Going Viral.

I support your right to hate cards, just not your inclination to call for nerfing. I can agree to that level of disagreement.

I would also argue that gaining life is not a win condition. The ability to deal 35 damage in one turn is not typically relevent or useful outside of the Astro situation you just described.

Message 6 of 10 (1,383 Views)

★★ Novice
You can get it on turn six if you’re keeping your primal and twin sunflowers alive long enough with destroy cards Wink I stand by my hatred of the card as well as request for nerf, but I see your point Wink Oof, Valk is another thread but I do think her power has been reduced since the last update. I’ve only been KO’d by her a couple of times on mustache monument since then. Happy gaming, see you out there ~WhitneyLou
Message 7 of 10 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice
(Sorry know nothing about XP, did I just reduce yours? If so unintentional!! Was trying to plus one you back...)
Message 8 of 10 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Whitney5248 wrote:
Maybe we agree to disagree, but I do believe it makes decks too fast. I have been way ahead, say with 35 health or so (getting there with Astro Vera on a Pair Pearadise) and then been annihilated by Going Virals. I agree that +1/+1 may not affect survivability, but +3/+3 or even +4/+4 certainly does. It’s also tedious and sometimes downright ridiculous. I can see how, if you love playing a hearty zombie hero, that you would defend the card. But as a plant lover, I defend my right to hate the card. Cheers!

You know what else is tedious and borderline ridiculous?  An opponent suddenly getting +20 health and going well over even their starting HP.

You'll have to forgive me if I disagree with you about one Zombie card that occasionally hits hard (though mostly just gets played once and then never appears again) being that much worse than all the nonsense we have to put up with from Plants constantly.

Message 9 of 10 (1,346 Views)

★★ Novice
😂😂😂Point taken!
Message 10 of 10 (1,336 Views)