Re: Flawed Game Mechanics

by gaveveteran1976

Original Post

★ Pro

Destroy gravestone and destroy zombie are differents things, at least for this game. Is just that, a gravestone is a gravestone, not a zombie. 

Valkyria text says: '' This gets +2 when a zombie is destroy'' If it also count  the gravestone, then need to say that, like Winter Squash specify.

Winter Squash text: When a Zombie or Gravestone becomes frozen, destroy it. 

There is no an error or flaw in this case.

Message 11 of 18 (1,008 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BlazinsZ wrote:

Destroy gravestone and destroy zombie are differents things, at least for this game. Is just that, a gravestone is a gravestone, not a zombie. 

Valkyria text says: '' This gets +2 when a zombie is destroy'' If it also count  the gravestone, then need to say that, like Winter Squash specify.

Winter Squash text: When a Zombie or Gravestone becomes frozen, destroy it. 

There is no an error or flaw in this case.

So what is the animation of my zombie dying? Do I have use of the zombie after the gravestone is destroyed? No I don't ... the zombie is destroyed too. I get your distinction, but it is a lame one on the developers part.

Message 12 of 18 (999 Views)

★ Pro

If you put Quazar Wizard near the gravestone, it doesn't give you a Superpower, cause gravestone is not a zombie. This is logical and it works as it is meant to be.

Message 13 of 18 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Kermo3 wrote:

If you put Quazar Wizard near the gravestone, it doesn't give you a Superpower, cause gravestone is not a zombie. This is logical and it works as it is meant to be.

I see that ... just feels like a gravestone is a "temporarily protected from most tricks and bonus attacks" zombie and not its "own entity".

Message 14 of 18 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Here's what you have to understand.  You're inferring that by destroying the gravestone it also means destroy the zombie.  But the card specifically says only "destroy a gravestone".  These cards mean exactly what they say in the most literal sense.  If you try to assume it means more, your likely going to be wrong.

What the problem is, is this is a digital game, so they have to use the most direct and literal wording possible.  Would it be nice if they could elaborate, sure!  The problem is the description has to fit on a number of different screen sizes, so they need to Jeri then sorry to as freefew w as possible.

Message 15 of 18 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I get lots of Berry opponents also.  It’s Berry annoying.

Message 16 of 18 (906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, I had a barrel of deadbeards in a grave environment... they played grave Buster that killed my entombed barrel... and I didn’t get a dead beard.  That gravely busted my enjoyment of the match.

Message 17 of 18 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@npgibbs The START OF TURN goes first because the turn is started BEFORE you draw a card.
Message 18 of 18 (487 Views)