EA needs to fix the AI on Random Mode

by 0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW

Original Post

EA needs to fix the AI on Random Mode

★★★★ Novice

It's terrible. You can tell that the mode either random in either you get the dumbest overpowered draws where the AI pulls out every rabbit out of the hat or the AI just sits there and loses on purpose. 

Can't they make it have normal draws and normal game play instead of this *.

You can even tell if you are going to be playing a stupid game by how fast the AI plays. 

I want to use this mode to test my decks but it is worthless the way it is set up

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Re: EA needs to fix the AI on Random Mode

★★★★★ Guide

What are you talking about?  I find the AI on the Random Mode very challenging .___.

Their decks are pretty insane, have TONS of synergy, and yeah, it "suspiciously" always draw the card that it needs WHEN it needs it xD

But jokes aside, I think I lose more frecuently against this thing than against real players.

Now, I've noticed 2 interesting things about the AI.

1.- If it takes some time to play, it is because it is thinking. The AI is analyzing the cards it has and selecting the one that gives the best result.

With this I mean that, for example, if it takes long to play something on turn 2, it is because it has many 2-cost cards on the hand.

Something like... Cabbage-Pult, Fire Peashooter and Black-Eyed Pea (if you are facing a Mega-Grow plant heroe, of course), while you have, let's say, a Cyborg Zombie on the Middle Lane.

The game makes a "simulation" with all the playable cards it has on hand, and finally chooses the one that gives the best result.

The only choice that doesn't result in a dead plant for you, is playing the Cabbage-Pult on heights. May seem obvious, but the game doesn't know until it tries it out.

aaaand 2.- If the AI plays nothing, it means 1 out of 2 things.

1.- It has no playable cards in hand (like, cards that cost more resources (brains/suns) that it has avaliable, or has cards that target something, but doesn't have anything to target (like Bubble Up or Vegetation Mutation)

or 2.- It knows that it is dead no matter what. 

If the AI has 1 card and something like... 3 HP (no block) and you have 5 zombies/plants on the board with 5 or more attack, it knows that it cannot block everything, so it lets the turn pass very quickly.

I don't know, but I really enjoy playing against the AI.

Sometimes it does some "questionable" plays, but most of the time it plays pretty well.

Message 2 of 4 (452 Views)

★ Apprentice

"Questionable"

"2x sergeant strongberry on turn 4&5"

"Turn 2 seedling>popping poppies"

"Barrel off dead beards+Barrel of barrels"

hmm...

Message 3 of 4 (447 Views)

★★ Pro
All that happens vs players also...

I love the random battle mode, and the fact that the cpu does seem to quite often have the answer to your own moves is a good thing. If you are seriously "testing" out decks to see how they play, isn't it a good thing that the cpu is countering your plays, so that you have to react to keep the flow going...or at least I see it that way.
The time it takes to "decide" what to do is somewhat frustrating, but it cant all be split second decision making, so you take the bad with the good, and hopefully they do keep tweaking to make better.
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)