Re: Draw a Card - Cards

by GrinningRuiner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Draw a Card - Cards

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Anyone in Taco league / Ultimate League knows that having more cards is part of the simple way of getting a easy win.

Im not saying they should remove the draw a card - cards , im asking to raise the cost of some cards to 2 or lower the amount of cards you get from the hero special powers. look at this set of cards from professor brainstorm and if you are above taco league you know that once you own this cards you have a higher than 50% chance of winning the game.

The question is are you actually losing by playing any of the cards in this picture? normaly playing a card you gamble a chance but this cards is a win win situation 100% of the time

Eureka card : the simple fact that you start the game with 2 extra cards is just not right?

Teleport : the idea of letting you play after the plant kills the purpose of the plant playing as 2nd turn? does anyone thinks this makes sense? plus add a card. You can even plan how to set up your kite zombie to get more cards with this card just wait for the plant to put a low damage zombie and set it up !

kite flyer zombie : just adding more spice to the situation above , i believe this card already wins you the game if you dont destroy it that same round

Exploding imp : if you save .... should i say save? because by now you probably have 10 cards in hand , you can do 2-3 bonus attacks as exploding imp and win the game.

Trickster : hold up ! you already played a massive amounts of tricks by now with all the cards you have why not play a trickster and do a bonus over a bonus for a bonus win? its just 18 damage combo not bad .

Message 1 of 19 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Uh... yeah. It's kinda sad

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (843 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Uh... yeah. It's kinda sad

Message 2 of 19 (844 Views)

★ Guide

Even if you have to trade a 4 cost card to take down a 2 cost card, it is still okay because it is one card for one card.

Message 3 of 19 (765 Views)

★ Guide

The kite flyer is my BANE. Seriously, it not only gets Brainstorm RIDICULOUS amounts of cards, but it's a science zombie on top of that, so it can be buffed by the drone flyer. Oh, and let's not forget that the one chemist card can give it a bonus attack... and ANOTHER CARD. It's stupid.

Message 4 of 19 (739 Views)

★★ Pro

@jdm23133 wrote:

The kite flyer is my BANE. Seriously, it not only gets Brainstorm RIDICULOUS amounts of cards, but it's a science zombie on top of that, so it can be buffed by the drone flyer. Oh, and let's not forget that the one chemist card can give it a bonus attack... and ANOTHER CARD. It's stupid.

Sometimes it helps to change strategies.

If you don't see a way to stop someone from drawing a lot of extra cards, go with it.

Let them fill up until they get ten cards. Then their shield doesn't work, and you don't have to worry about being blocked.

Message 5 of 19 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't had too much trouble with the Prof. Sometimes I do lose, but then again, sometimes I lose against any of the other avatars, but it's actually not a bad matchup for some of my plant decks.

The best strategy is to let them fill the lanes and neuter their cards, for example by giving them attack below 0. Then they can't actually play their cards effectively. You can use water lane, strikethrough or bonus attacks to get your own damage through. 

I've won many games with the professor playing his super power on the first turn and ending up with 6-9 cards in their hands like this. The trickster is definitely powerful though but is also stymied by blocking their lanes because then they can't easily find an empty lane to deal damage to you and finish you off (best use of the trickster).

Of course, like in any game, sometimes you get a really slow start and they just roll you over, but if you play skillfully with the right cards you should be able to defeat even a well prepared professor deck.

Message 6 of 19 (720 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Card draw is insanely good.  But potentially bad.  I play Immorticia because I like the removal/heal and buff aspect of Beastly class over Explosive.  

I sometimes find myself with too many cards and have to find a way to use them.  So I agree if you let me have too many cards and my shield doesn't work, I panic lol.  

Message 7 of 19 (715 Views)

★ Guide

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

Sometimes it helps to change strategies.

If you don't see a way to stop someone from drawing a lot of extra cards, go with it.

Let them fill up until they get ten cards. Then their shield doesn't work, and you don't have to worry about being blocked.

Huh. Guess I didn't think of that.

I really don't think Kite Flyer is that OP by himself, I just think the sheer amount of cards the Prof can get at times can be overwhelming. Though now that I've thought about it a little more, I guess it's not that bad. After all, I've beaten the Prof before using good strategy and just the right amount of luck. So, I'd say I've changed my mind about it.

i'm not a sheep i swear

Message 8 of 19 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You clearly have no idea how the game works. IF you get one of the Destroy a plant cards like rocket science or chickening in the extra cards you won the game unless you are new to the game or the other player cheesed you in 3-4 turns. Try to deny this and i know you are not even taco league. Take the fact that 80% ( bronze / diamond) of the players dont use cards at round 1  just the top tier players.

Having 2 draw a card powers its broken for a hero. it is simple if you dont see it you probably want it to stay that way to keep the cheese.

The only way im able to defeat a professor brainstorm in ultimate league is to cheese him with my early 3-4 round win built that i have to force myself to use even if i dont like it. You draw any card that has 4-5 cost as a plant you lose the game just one card draw from round 1-3 and if you want me to go into detail let me know. Because if you say that play all low cost cards you can run into the encounter of AEO chickening or any other mass destroy turn and you lose.

You can call out all your strategies and counter plays but you are just digging yourself into reality that the longer the game goes the higher the chances to lose by cards.

In conclusion Professor Brainstorm is broken at the moment, how to fix him ? Remove one of the draw a card powers or make the 3 random cards power give you 1 card and a less than 2 cost zombie placed in a random lane.

THE GAME : its supposed to be more strategy based and not "" lets see if i get lucky and the enemy does not get the extra 2 cards that will win him the game in round 1"". And no there is no other Hero that can call out a win in round one you need to go by a series of strategy actions.

Message 9 of 19 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow. Despite you being a math teacher in college, I'm surprised your attitude towards other members' opinions is considerably rude for a professional educator. I understand English is not a your strongest language, (you mentioned it in a previous post) but I feel like you're acting way too aggressive when someone challenges your opinion.

I'm at taco league and I can tell you that just because someone has the Chickening or Rocket Science doesn't guarantee a loss. Using multiple Black Eyed Peas, consistent boosting for every plant, and not being predictable/gullible (especially with mushroom decks) can trump cards that take out plants/zombies with obvious weaknesses. Believe me, it happened plenty of times for me.

Only way to beat Brainstorm is to rush him? Good. When going against Brainstorm, taking him out before he has the chance to play those Gadget Scientists or build up an impenetrable wall of science is a very good strategy. Not every hero can be defeated using the same strategy you use to get to higher leagues.

You don't like what the development team is bringing at all? Think it's bringing the game downhill? Drop the game, play any other card game like this, and stop creating new threads for the sake of complaining about a general concept.

Message 10 of 19 (638 Views)