Re: Downloading 293MB of content before app opening every single time!!!

by Gagger20

Original Post

Downloading 293MB of content before app opening every single time!!!

★★★ Newbie
I have just bought a new phone using samsung galaxy s10+, with newest updated version of both the game and my operating system. 

Everytime i open the PvZ heroes app, it asks me permission to download exactly 293MB of new content. If i open 5 times a day, i am requested to allow permission to download exactly 293MB every single time! and of course i have allowed this download every time already. 

I have ensured the app's permission to access phone storage is on, but it keeps asking me to download. its really using up a lot of my data quota.

I understand the app needs to update content every now and then, but each time exactly the same size of 293 MB of content sounds fishy. 

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

Message 1 of 16 (8,790 Views)

Community Manager

@hehayt  It sounds like the update isn't properly sticking alright. Can you try restarting the device, and clearing out some storage space and see if that has any effect?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 16 (8,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi David, 

I currently have >490GB of free space on my new Samsung S10+. I tried restarting my phone several times after downloading those 293MB, the download notice keeps popping up everytime I open the app. 

I made sure the "permissions" of PvZ Heroes app is cleared to have "Storage" on my phone. 

The problem is still persistent Frown 

Message 3 of 16 (8,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem on my Huawei p30 pro. Its really annoying, what is the solution for this issue? 

Message 4 of 16 (8,465 Views)

Community Manager

@Gagger20 Hey, can you try restarting your device? That can often help with strange issues.

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 16 (8,424 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me. Both with samsung s8 and huahei p30 pro.

For me it happens every morning.

I think there's some problem with last android version (probably it free up space, deleting app data) but i didn't find any solution.

@EA_David please do not reply "reboot phone" or "reinstall app"... this is not a professional answer and i think we all did it already... Wink

Message 6 of 16 (8,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here... Huawei mate 20 pro. Have to download 293mb each morning!? It holds for the day and then again next morning.

The thing is that on my Samsung Tab S2 it doesn't do that at all... 

Message 7 of 16 (7,982 Views)

★★ Novice
@hehayt It's really fishy...
Message 8 of 16 (7,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only problem i found is that this is the only game app has no permission presence in my phone setting. But i dont know if that is my case. Moreover, restarting phone, reinstalling and clear cache dont work. My phone storage have not reach 50% so that is also not the case. 

Message 9 of 16 (7,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have indormed EA about the issue, they gave me the usual clever advises: restart, etc...

It seems to me that they just do not care at all... 

I found a solution, this is uncomfortable too, but at least does not consume your data, and faster:

Open your file manager

Enter the folder Android

Enter the folder Data

Copy com.ea.gp.pvzheroes to your root directory

Next time, when it wants to download the f... Ing 293 MB, just copy the above mentioned from the root back to Android/Data folder it is just 30 sec and magically the game will work. 

Message 10 of 16 (7,379 Views)