Re: Double mint and Bananasaurus are bad legendary cards.

by big82s

Original Post

★ Guide

You play double mint in a way that it forces your opponent to address it. It is like forcing your opponent to spend brains on it instead of on your strong plants.

Message 11 of 18 (888 Views)

★★ Guide

There is a rather famous term in Magic about this general topic: BUT IT DIES TO DOOMBLADE!

And trust me: you rather want a Game with good removal and proper answers than a game where players just fling legendaries at each other because they have overhelming stats.

That is why I as a fan of efficient control decks have nightmares of wanna-be-hero :/

Message 12 of 18 (840 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

both are great cards - your opponent MUST defeat either card on the following two turns or they are screwed. they can't ignore it and leave it for long, allowing you to pull off something else entirely.

Message 13 of 18 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I disagree. Creating a 2-cost legendary that doesn't take over the game on turn 2 but has the power to take it if left unchecked is greay card design. Double mint is just that. Sure it doesn't shine ad much when you only play 1 in your deck, but play 3-4 of them with the right support cards and it will win you games single-handedly.

Bananasaurus is one of the best mid-range plant in the game. Combo it with other cards that draw you cards to buff it for better value. Example:
Turn 4- Bananasaurus, turn 5- Bean Counter.
Or
Turn 5 Bananasaurus + Big Chill
Or
Turn 4 Bananasaurus placed in a lane where you know your block meter will get triggered first, you keep to power it gives you in your hand to buff the Saurus.

Plenty of wait to maximize those legendaries. Sure they *seem* weaker then Cornucopia or Zombot 9000, but they cost a whole lot less to play too!
Message 14 of 18 (795 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I always try to put myself in a position to drop double mint early. If they drop a zombie turn 2, i put it out without question. Ive found people either don't know what it is, or waste a card that could get rid of something more powerful to drop it. If it makes it through turn 3 untouched, youre not killing it without a cost to you. And by then, I've got other nastiness to put out.
Message 15 of 18 (768 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Whaaaaaaa? Lol not that complicated. Synergy the whole way through
Message 16 of 18 (766 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Don't forget party thyme. Devastating with banana, if you can get repeat in with that combo, is super devastating. That combo had allowed me to find out that there is no running people out. If you have ten cards, it just wont draw.
Message 17 of 18 (763 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Doubled Mint Not looking so Bad.

Message 18 of 18 (592 Views)