Dino roar, zomblob, viral, fossilhead

by PRIMECUTS

Original Post

Dino roar, zomblob, viral, fossilhead

★ Guide
90% of the zombies are using this same tactic over and over and over. I've tried a few different strategies but none are that effective. It's all luck of the draw for plants on what cards they get. Z's don't need luck, they can draw 1-3 cards every turn.

What's the best plant counter for all the card draw? 1 cost environments, 1 cost deadly and 2 cost bonus attacks?

There just isn't any good head to head play anymore. Rarely make it round 8 or 9 even with a control deck.

Here's what I'm currently running...
Message 1 of 19 (888 Views)

Re: Dino roar, zomblob, viral, fossilhead

★★ Guide

I feel your pain.. as I'm suffering too.. Your current deck is about building sun to get those high value cards out. Trouble with that is while your building su, or waiting for those cards to come along the zombies are already hitting you, and gaining strength. I suggest working on early removal of the zombies.. and using some strikethrough so that even when your hitting and and killing the zombie your at least doing damage to the hero. Its the Hero you need to kill as fast as possible. 

Hopefully the rest of the colossal cards will come soon and bring some nerfing to the zombies. 

Message 2 of 19 (880 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah the sunflowers are to reach the higher cards but I also stack Briar Rose turning any flower into a death trap. That's the main idea for this deck. Plus Power Flower for healing + strike through.

Message 3 of 19 (875 Views)

★★★ Guide

The problem with just running low-cost is that your deck will burn out very quickly.  If you can flood the board early and keep everyone on it, you'll get an early win, but if the opponent weathers the storm you'll be left with an empty hand and at your opponent's mercy.

Having draw cards can be rather nice (Petal-Morphosis and Sage Sage are available to Solar Flare), as well as conjuring cards (Cosmic Mushroom, High-Voltage Currant, with Astrocado and Banana Launcher being honorable mentions).  Cornucopia is also a potential game-saver in the late game.  Perhaps since you're using Briar Rose, you could also go with more Flowers, especially with Team-Up, so that you'll force the opponent to have to break through your defenses before getting to the rear line, which will hopefully not need replacing as often.

If you can get a few plants with Strikethrough protected by Briar Rose's army of Sunflowers, you'll be in pretty good shape (barring the terrifying Strikethrough+Deadly combination, of course!)

Message 4 of 19 (874 Views)

★ Guide

@PRIMECUTS I will be making a CC aggro deck tech post tonight or tomorrow which I have had much success with. keep and eye out for it

Message 5 of 19 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Briar Rose is by far the best answer I've seen so far to those cards that you mentioned. 

How about some Chompers? Or Whack-a-Zombie? (the hammers) 

You can also try to play as another character, like Rose. I think she is the best control-style Plant heroe because of the 2 polymorph superpowers that she has.

Can't suggest much more than that my friend :/

Message 6 of 19 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yesterday to to day I am 27 wins 3 losses. My 3 losses I didn't get a fossil or stompladon. Just hit rank 50. I prefer plants but they have added so many control removal cards I went the cheap dirty win way last 4 levels. If they would get rid of the final mission and the jelly card I play my favorite plant decks more. I did win most my rank with the cheesy pretty made deck face blaster 9000
Message 7 of 19 (830 Views)

★ Guide
Can we see the deck you used?
Message 8 of 19 (820 Views)

★ Guide

@UnholyJuggernaut if you don't mind my asking, what is wrong with final mission? It's the same cost and effect as plumber, but it does 2 extra damage. however, you must sacrifice a zombie to do so. Seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

Message 9 of 19 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can play a cheap dancing deck flood the board with them add in the zombie that let's all the cheap zombies do bulls eye . If the plant plays a level 5 or less plant you just blow up a cheep zombie to remove something he had to use all his suns to place.or just shoot him in the face. Nothing he can do about it. Plants have to use a 5 or 6 sun trick to do 4 damage and they can hit face with it
Message 10 of 19 (797 Views)