Re: Deadly: Fair or Unfair?

by GrinningRuiner

Original Post

Deadly: Fair or Unfair?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In this thread, simply reply with "Fair" or "Unfair" (preferably in bold letters) on whether Deadly is fair or not.

For those who are unaware, Deadly is a Sneaky trait in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes that is currently exclusive to 4 cards: Smelly Zombie, Super Stench, Toxic Waste Imp, and Barrel Roller.  When a Deadly Zombie hurts a plant, that plant is automatically defeated, no matter what health or strength it had.  There are no exceptions.  If you play a plant here, whether it kills the Deadly Zombie or not, it is GOING to die.

Barrel Roller is fine in my opinion.  Toxic Waste Imp only has 2 health, and its OK.  But the remaining 2 cards are very, VERY unfair, mainly because zombie players have access to them right from the start.  Super Stench is a superpower that not one, but TWO starting heroes have.  It gives all Zombies "When this hurts a plant, put a Locust Swarm in your hand that costs 0 Brainz and automatically use it on that plant", AKA Deadly.  R.I.P. Mega-Grow and Guardian heroes.  And Solar heroes.  And sometimes Smarty heroes.  Maybe Kabloom heroes, too.

Then you have Smelly Zombie, which is a Basic - Common 3-drop with base-stats (2/4) that has Gravestone (It's immune to all tricks except Grave Buster), and Deadly.  In case you were wondering: THERE IS LITERALLY ONLY ONE 3-COST (or less) PLANT IN THE ENTIRE GAME WITH 4 STRENGTH, which is Zapricot.  Who uses Zapricot again?  Oh yeah, no one.  I guess there's Mushroom RIngleader, too, but it doesn't always get 4+ strength, so it's unreliable.

Well...I'm gonna cast my obvious vote: Unfair.

Message 1 of 16 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

fair

Message 2 of 16 (2,154 Views)

★★ Pro

For the most part, I don't have a problem with the deadly trait.

But I would also be happy if Smelly Zombie was changed to a 2/3 or lost his gravestone.

Message 3 of 16 (2,147 Views)

★★ Guide

Zombies are loaded with various tricks that can destroy fully healthy plants (or a slightly damaged one in the case of Evaporate).  Zombies with deadly are like tricks that stay on the board, can be countered, and damage the plant hero.  When I'm playing Spudow and Wall Knight, Weed Spray is far more likely to ruin my day than zombies imbued with Deadly.

Final decision: Fair 

Message 4 of 16 (2,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

very VERY close to being unfair, but still fair.

Message 5 of 16 (2,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

100% Fair

People complaining about this have never played Magic the Gathering where DeathTouch was one of the first abilities to make it's way into the game and lasted in subsequent expansions for over 20 years.

Message 6 of 16 (2,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are fair except for SMELLY ZOMBIE which is totally UNFAIR. 

Message 7 of 16 (2,100 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Why is that, Cody? Play a nut or sweet potato...
Message 8 of 16 (2,082 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If only Super Stench was given to another sneaky other than Super Brainz..His ability to use Lurch for Lunch with any deadly zombie makes him an annoying hero to go against.

Not saying he's OP and can't be dealt with, but it definitely becomes annoying when you think you protected a plant with some sort of meat shield only to have it AND the plant you were protecting get taken down by a deadly bonus attack.

Message 9 of 16 (2,077 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Perhaps... perhaps it's just a counter deck to the one you like to run... i mean cc with repeat moss and plant food... deadlies don't really bug me. They may get a couple i don't want, but they don't really swing the match often
Message 10 of 16 (2,061 Views)