Re: Couple n00b questions

by jaydabbler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Couple n00b questions

★★★★★ Newbie

1. If I get new packs of cards and draw something I already have 4 of will I now have 5 or is 4 a limit and I lose the extra? 

2. I'm really confused about the packs for sell ... galactic, colossal, premium... what's the difference?

3. After you get the first 3 heroes of plants/zombies for free do you have to pay gems to get more or can you earn them through free packs or other methods (if other methods how?).

4. I also see "for you" section packs. It looks like hero specific packs costing double a normal pack. If I buy the normal 1000 gem / 100 gem packs will I receive cards for heroes I havnt unlocked yet or will all the cards I get all be playable by my existing heroes?

Message 1 of 8 (1,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

1. you will receive your 5th copy of a card, but since you only ever need 4 (as there is a max possible in your deck of 4) it means you get to "sell" the extra card.

2. Premium is essentially Set 1. Galactic is Set 2. Colossal is Set 3. The packs/sets are mutually exclusive cards, meaning you need to collect all types over time.

3. Heroes are unlockable later for 750 gems in hero packs. Except for HG and BC, the two newer heroes. Don't quote me on this though, as I got all the heroes in random packs before this was a thing, so i've never seen it myself.

4. you will only be offered hero specific packs for heroes you own. all cards you receive in any pack are playable by "class". All heroes can play two "classes". The cards you receive will be playable by other heroes that use one of those same two classes. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,012 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

1. you will receive your 5th copy of a card, but since you only ever need 4 (as there is a max possible in your deck of 4) it means you get to "sell" the extra card.

2. Premium is essentially Set 1. Galactic is Set 2. Colossal is Set 3. The packs/sets are mutually exclusive cards, meaning you need to collect all types over time.

3. Heroes are unlockable later for 750 gems in hero packs. Except for HG and BC, the two newer heroes. Don't quote me on this though, as I got all the heroes in random packs before this was a thing, so i've never seen it myself.

4. you will only be offered hero specific packs for heroes you own. all cards you receive in any pack are playable by "class". All heroes can play two "classes". The cards you receive will be playable by other heroes that use one of those same two classes. 

Message 2 of 8 (2,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but I remember that another way to aquire heroes was throughout the plant or zombie missions(the 200 per side at top of home page)
It was almost a year ago and my memory for some things is great, but others...not so much. But I remember that after a certain amount of levels you are given an option of two heroes that share a trait. And if I recall correctly, I was able to get a hero for at least each trait, not just 3 guys either, like I don't know if it's still that way, because I hear lots of people on forums that only have a few.... I will bring it up in general and find out what is what

As far as the different packs, your best bet is to go to collection and then search each keyword. Premium, Galactic, and Colossal. You can also do same for Event to see only the event cards, rather than trying to scour the screen up and down to find one.
And searching the sets like this will give you a better idea of what you think you want to try.

The hero specific packs are a tough one. They are double the price as a regular set pack, and you still have the same chance of getting five uncommons and a rare. There is no "bonus luck" for these and I personally don't like them at all. The obvious upside is you control slightly the cards you are getting, but if you have majority of that heroes cards, it starts to become double gems for recycled cards( being the cards after 4 of anything is recycled) some people save them for reasons that I don't know, because after four they are useless. May as well get something for them, unfortunately the rate is 25% of cost to craft. You see that when you look at a card. Price to craft and price to recycle. So a legendary that you have four of already becomes basically a superrare in trade, because you get 1000 to recycle the legendary, and thats the same cost to craft a superrare and most event cards.

Sorry for the rambling on, but I don't even realize that I do it until I reread
Message 3 of 8 (1,363 Views)

★★ Pro
And now after rereading everything... I realize that you must have already got from the missions, but is three really all ypu get thru missions?
Message 4 of 8 (1,352 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep. Already got the 3x free of each hero. 

Aside from hero specific benefits. You aware of any of the three different sets being better? Colossal vs premium vs...

Message 5 of 8 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@jaydabbler wrote:

Thanks for detailed reply. This really helps. 

Aside from hero specific benefits. You aware of any of the three different sets being better? Colossal vs premium vs...

Message 6 of 8 (1,327 Views)

★★ Guide

The order the sets of cards arrived in are set 1 Premium, set 2 Galactic, set 3 Colossal. It's tough to advise you which set get as most of us will have the majority of set 1. So we will have never played without this set. I would say you need mostly set 1, but as you play you see your opponents using  a mixture of cards from the different sets. Your best getting as many cards for your specific hero to create decks. But, I would also save gems to get the rest of the heroes. Make sure you do the daily challenge every day, to complete a week your get a free pack. Also, you need to get the event cards, which if you have that specific heroe you get bonus tickets. Do all your quests, as your need those gems. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,312 Views)

★★ Pro
As I mentioned above, the best way for you to decide what set to purchase, is to go into Collection and search Premium and Galactic and Colossal

One thing that I can tell you for certain, as @saintlydevilis said, premium is probably best bet since the set is larger by far, but I find Galactic Gardens has some great cards, although so so all sets, but I think Galactic is a must have, since the environments are mostly in this set
Message 8 of 8 (1,283 Views)