Re: Concern about the direction of the game

by 0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW

Original Post

Concern about the direction of the game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It seems every update EA gives us cards that are just badly broken.

Clique Peas, Heartichoke loop, Medula environment

Fossilhead, Zom-Blob

And then you have to put up with it for an entire season until they patch it.

I would like to see the whole zombie - plant - zombie turn overhauled.

Players have a short time to place cards in lanes. When time expires the game shows the plays.

Players have a short time to play tricks. When time expires the game shows the tricks.

Fight.

Of course things will have to be accounted for like if you tried to boost a card that someone bounced during trick play but that is doable.

But the thought of going through a whole season of super powers being given away like crazy and OP cards by turn 3 is worrying.

Message 1 of 15 (660 Views)

★★ Pro
I have stated many times, and there are others that agree(believe it or not), that clique peas for starters, didn't have to be neutered.
As far as fossilhead goes, more and more players are finding ways to diffuse the threat, but I am neither that ignorant nor arrogant to say that it isn't a very powerful card. Zom-blob I think is disgusting, and while I am sure that makes no difference to players using zomblobs abilities to their advantage, you do realize that plants have environment that will cancel out the medulla nebula. 4 of the 5 plant traits have a 2cost enviro, and only solar of the four is a superrare.
I'm playing both sides, and I do see majority of heroes that I face are hearty, and not all of them are even using the fossilhead.
I'm sure it will be frustrating to see over and over again, the same heroes because of the power shifting, but you're not going to ever be rid of that.
Many people who play this type of game play because they enjoy it and like the strategy of the game.
However, even more people play games like this because they love to win. And those players are not going anywhere anytime soon, and shortly after fossilhead or zomblob are old news, and then maybe another healing deck becomes the craze, then a few players will still play with fossilhead and whatever else from that period, and the majority of the "win above all else" crowd will be playing with a solar hero for the healing...or smarty hero because of a new heavy freeze card etc...
This was happening years before this game was even a concept, so I don't want to sound negative, but it will not change because there always are people that get validation from winning, and if it is a f2p that is in their sights...that's why some people play.
Message 2 of 15 (631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You do realize starting sentences with "You do realize" makes you look like an *

Message 3 of 15 (571 Views)

★★ Pro
I didn't start a sentence with "you do realize"....if you want to recheck, you might realize that there is a comma not a period beforehand.
Message 4 of 15 (536 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't think healing decks really became a meta? or trend. Also, I wonder, and this is me just thinking.. do you think? that they try to control how many cards are released of certain cards? As in, how many fossilheads are in packs? I know we can craft them, but this is bad value, unless you think that card will make you win. Then your craft it. But considering you had so many of the same card in packs such as Bananasaurus rex, surely that shows how many of those they released? 

Message 5 of 15 (527 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I've wondered that myself... And I wonder if it's too make it more like the days when you had to go to a store to buy main decide and the like. Often ending up with tons of the same card, and very little if others if the same (supposed) rarity. I'm just happy there is a crafting option to somewhat negate that.
Message 6 of 15 (525 Views)

★★ Guide

I guess the frustration kicks in when you put in ways to deal with fossilhead or zomblob in your deck, but guess what those environments don't show up to counteract, or that potato mine is no where to be seen - until you get to turn 5 in the game, and by then your toast.. zombie toast. As I said before, I don't expect to win every game, but when you hit a run of these your pretty frustrated.. fingers crossed the rest of new set comes along soon to deal with it. Or people will just stop playing, as they get too annoyed. Plants where more popular, and some do not want to be zombies as they invested in being a plant hero, or plants in general. I do at least have the option of playing as a zombie if they get on my nerves. I shall not zomblob, or fossil .. I'd rather plank walk.. 

Message 7 of 15 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
I do get it. I'm really a straight up plants player. I would have a strong zombie set, but I've sparked them out to complete my plant set.

I don't mind the new meta, it gave me new things to figure out, but I do agree that we haven't had a meta quite like this. It's a constant cycle of the exact same decks, over and over. Sure, you don't always get what need, but to be fair, neither do they, and when you both do, you can put yourself at the advantage.

My biggest problem with the current meta is that because it's so common, it's pretty boring.
Message 8 of 15 (519 Views)

★★ Guide

Well someone tried out their Frankzombie today, and he well.. he used the disco-naut to ensure all his little zombies did trigger the blockmeter into releasing my powers so he won. But, it was a change from fossilhead, I now kill every profession zombie as soon as I can. I can deal with zomblob, my deck is built to destroy his hero. But fossilhead still sometimes gets the better of me...for now.. but that victory will be short lived. So Zombie's enjoy while you can..

Message 9 of 15 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It's in there best interest to make the game more random less strategy. So the players have to play a season longer and watch more adds . It makes the game more money
Message 10 of 15 (490 Views)