Clique peas are so OP?

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Re: Clique peas are so OP?

Champion (Retired)
But, if it makes you feel better. You'll be happy to know when plant players are crying here, I'll argue the balance of the zombie cards just as hard. To me there is no option, just cards you may not be prepared for.
Message 51 of 81 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I don't use Clique Peas because they are too inconsistent.

You either get lucky and slaughter your opponent, or you don't draw them, and you get destroyed because you made a terrible deck, and you hopefully choke on your sandwich and die.

I don't like 'dumb-luck' decks. I don't use them, and I don't like playing against them. They take the fun out of the game.

They work as an equalizer. They bring up bad players, and bring down good players.

'Equalizers' are in most competitive games (from first-person shooters to card games) to keep them fun for people who suck.

Do I hate and despise equalizers in games? Yes, I can't stand being beaten by people who are beneath me.

But when I calm down, (and see my 6 year-old kid getting wins) I remind myself of the necessity of making a game fun for a broad audience.

Message 52 of 81 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I don't really know what I am supposed to be verifying for @daalnnii's ability since I have probably never played you?

Message 53 of 81 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
@jaydabbler we never played? Well, I got grinning recently. I could have sworn we've all played each other....
Message 54 of 81 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

also, Clique Peas are not meant to be the only game winning card/strategy in your deck. They are just excellent filler as they do provide a solid win-condition if drawn.

Here is one of my CP decks that I used to get to ultimate this season. This took me from about 34-48 (despite the name) but then I switched to a dancing deck for PB for the last few levels.

Message 55 of 81 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

of course, when you start a game like this.... instant win. (i waited until round 4 to play them all... instant concede)

Message 56 of 81 (442 Views)

★★ Pro

@jaydabbler wrote:

of course, when you start a game like this.... instant win. (i waited until round 4 to play them all... instant concede)

And against a level 10. That's harsh!

Message 57 of 81 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I know, it was super unfair. 

Message 58 of 81 (436 Views)

★★ Pro
I definitely cringed when the clique peas first came out and I was facing green shadow. Seemed like at least one trait waa megagrow for a fortnight.
But green shadow and the peas added to a bean deck...those were and still are harsh because they're not going to lose you a game with the admiral(s).
Message 59 of 81 (413 Views)

★ Guide

They absolutely ARE overplayed. I usually resign when the third Cliquepea is played in the second turn. The Master Control rarely allows for those circumstances.  I have yet to figure out the deck that will routinely allow the draw of three of those cards. 

Message 60 of 81 (399 Views)