Cannot backup account because I set age to child

by qefhjzh

Original Post

Cannot backup account because I set age to child

★★★ Newbie

So I am currently 15 years old. However, when I downloaded this game one or two months ago I didn't think the age you inserted mattered so I just put in something like 0 or 1 year old. Now I looked at the forums and apparently that is why I don't have the social option or back up my account. I also want to transfer my progress to a new device which is unfortunately impossible. I don't want to lose all my progress. Can someone help me out here?

Message 1 of 5 (760 Views)

Betreff: Cannot backup account because I set age to child

★ Pro
Hey @qefhjzh,
to be honest, this only works with the help desk.
Create a new case and explain.
They are kind to help you out of this.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
Good Luck Standard smile
Message 2 of 5 (746 Views)

Re: Cannot backup account because I set age to child

Community Manager

Hi @qefhjzh

@Rotblut is correct. When it comes to child accounts, account changes would need the help of the support team. They may require proof of age and account ownership before they can make any changes but they will talk you through that when you get in touch. You can connect with them using the following channels: 

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance 
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page  

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 5 (731 Views)

Champion

It may be possible to backup your account progress through your device, depending on which type of device you play on. However, it is probably better to create a case with EA as the others have said, because you should be able to show proof of age, and they should be able to "age up" your account so you can back it up. 

Message 4 of 5 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@qefhjzh Me too
Message 5 of 5 (570 Views)