Can people get ranked after level 50?

by dartabe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can people get ranked after level 50?

★★★ Newbie

It took some people like 1 week to get to level 50.

Then they have nothing to do.

Is there any ways to let people get ranked after level 50?

Message 1 of 6 (2,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can people get ranked after level 50?

★★★ Guide

If you’d been following this forum as long as I have, you would know that this topic has been debated fiercely - and more than once - at a time when, probably, there were more (or fiercer) users using the forum and willing to debate.

I don’t remember the name of the thread(s) and I’m feeling lazy, so instead of linking you to them I’ll try to summarize both sides of the argument.

Pro-ranking: It would be really nice if we Ultimate Leaguers had something to “do” at rank 50, and/or some additional reward to gain for winning ranked matches. As it is, reaching Ultimate League is sort of an anti-climax.

Anti-ranking: This game is supposed to be casual. It would be really nice if reaching Ultimate League were an obtainable goal, and I don’t have much fun playing against the same competitive decklists over and over again. Please don’t offer additional rewards to players who have spent lots of money to build decks that are designed to frustrate me. It will only incentivize them to beat me more. Reaching Ultimate League is hard enough as it is.

For the record, my personal best is Ultimate League in three days (with occasional water breaks). I don’t really feel this is something I should brag about, because once you have a good, established deck and enough experience with the game, reaching UL is a grinding excercise that is more a function of time spend playing the game than brilliance and deck-building savvy (even the best theoretical deck possible would have to win 100 games minimum to go from 30 to 50). So I would categorize myself on the “anti” side of this argument ^^, and admit that I almost certainly would have experienced burnout by now if rankings continued past 50. Enduring a bit of boredom is an unfortunate price, but one that I am willing to pay.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,795 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

They give you stars. Maybe they should let people cash in a star for gems. Maybe 5 gems per star = 100 gems for 20 stars = 1 pack. That would be incentive for me to get more stars. I have been 50 for two weeks now and I am just playing for event cards and dailies to get gems to buy packs.

Message 2 of 6 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Lol. I can’t even get past rank 30
Message 3 of 6 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you’d been following this forum as long as I have, you would know that this topic has been debated fiercely - and more than once - at a time when, probably, there were more (or fiercer) users using the forum and willing to debate.

I don’t remember the name of the thread(s) and I’m feeling lazy, so instead of linking you to them I’ll try to summarize both sides of the argument.

Pro-ranking: It would be really nice if we Ultimate Leaguers had something to “do” at rank 50, and/or some additional reward to gain for winning ranked matches. As it is, reaching Ultimate League is sort of an anti-climax.

Anti-ranking: This game is supposed to be casual. It would be really nice if reaching Ultimate League were an obtainable goal, and I don’t have much fun playing against the same competitive decklists over and over again. Please don’t offer additional rewards to players who have spent lots of money to build decks that are designed to frustrate me. It will only incentivize them to beat me more. Reaching Ultimate League is hard enough as it is.

For the record, my personal best is Ultimate League in three days (with occasional water breaks). I don’t really feel this is something I should brag about, because once you have a good, established deck and enough experience with the game, reaching UL is a grinding excercise that is more a function of time spend playing the game than brilliance and deck-building savvy (even the best theoretical deck possible would have to win 100 games minimum to go from 30 to 50). So I would categorize myself on the “anti” side of this argument ^^, and admit that I almost certainly would have experienced burnout by now if rankings continued past 50. Enduring a bit of boredom is an unfortunate price, but one that I am willing to pay.

Message 4 of 6 (1,796 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'll be for it for arguments sake.  If you can't beat ultimate league players, you don't deserve to be one.  I never get to make it quickly because if my schedule, so it's usually in the last week that I make it and have to face ultimate leaguers constantly when I reach taco.  

Basically those wanting ultimate players to stop playing are looking for an easier path to prestige...  This isn't an mmo, ranks are (supposed to be) a matchmaking tool, not an entitlement for time invested.

Message 5 of 6 (1,787 Views)

★ Pro

@daalnnii wrote:

I'll be for it for arguments sake.  If you can't beat ultimate league players, you don't deserve to be one.  I never get to make it quickly because if my schedule, so it's usually in the last week that I make it and have to face ultimate leaguers constantly when I reach taco.  

Basically those wanting ultimate players to stop playing are looking for an easier path to prestige...  This isn't an mmo, ranks are (supposed to be) a matchmaking tool, not an entitlement for time invested.

This is so true! Thank you for this post!

Message 6 of 6 (1,690 Views)