Best Turn One Cards

by npgibbs

Original Post

Best Turn One Cards

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Plants

#1. Forget me Nuts (played on heights) is untrickable on the first turn. No question the greatest opening play if Zombie passes to trick to start the game (which I find happens more often than not).

#2. Clique Peas

#3. Shroom For Two

#4. Bok Choy

Suggestions for the Zombie list.

Message 1 of 15 (865 Views)

Re: Best Turn One Cards

★★★★★ Guide

100% NO to your #3 and #4. They should only be played turn 1 in response to a lane you need to block.

Message 2 of 15 (853 Views)

★ Guide

And that is the scenario. Forget Me Nuts is an utter waste as lane fodder. Boy Choy is the best turn one removal card.

What is wrong with playing Shroom For Two on turn one?

Message 3 of 15 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

unless you have the buff for turn two, you are often creating more issues to deal with (imp throwing imp facing it for example)

Message 4 of 15 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Or a dark moon environment and they vanish.

Its a rigged question though, because there's lots of answers both right and wrong all depends on the situation, which is always different.

That said, to answer the question of what I like as turn one zombie, I would have to say ducky tube zombie since I probably play sneaky the most.

Also, I don't play lots of games as plants, but I have a couple nut decks out of the few I do play and I actually have found that it all depends on the zombie hero for whether I would play forget me nuts round one unless I have root wall as my super because congo zombie makes quick work of them all to just hold off one round. Like I said, I don't play lots of plants, that's just an observation
Message 5 of 15 (824 Views)

★ Guide

Forget me Nuts on heights will not be affected by black hole or total eclipse.

For zombies I think Cat Lady is there. The big drawback is she is only useful in pet decks.

I would say Planetary Gladiator, Headstone Carver, Arm wrestler.

Message 6 of 15 (795 Views)

★★ Pro
Planetary gladiator for sure, because it will eat any damage the plant hero throws at you, and arm wrestler is always a good start for a sport deck.
Headstone carver on first turn you are giving the plants two turns to get rid of him before he can even use his ability. I personally don't like the card, but it definitely can be a pain if ignored for too long
Message 7 of 15 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For plants?
draw. two. cards. (ill get there in a minute) :D I don´t think there is much thats up to par on turn one even amongst the superpowers.

maybe a well places solar flare or nightcap superpower. the other superpowers are hardly good played turn one or straightup not playable on turn one. I /GUESS/ you can make some great plays with calling in a wallnut and draw a card but beside these?.....Each of them are very conditional and hardly match simply drawing two cards.

Regardless. overall I am rooting for draw to cards. the value is just insane and....cmon. its turn 1. what the worst that can happen (see the lists above)

Why this doesn´t apply to zombies?

Forget me nut/clique peas sure are problems you cannot ignore or that deny you playing powers entirely turn 1.

Zombies sort of lack such potent pro-active one drops so I guess they should rather play a card and start developing the board and spare the draw for later in some situations. Zombies also have much better card draw anyway so its probably fine to skip the opportunity to draw two turn 1 and do something else.

So for Zombies (from playing against them and beeing a salty *)
I honestly thinkg leperchaun is the most potent one-drop in the game. I am not aware of any counterplay and/or any good trades you can make turn 1 if your opponent zombie player drops a chaun.

Message 8 of 15 (746 Views)

★★ Pro
I agree with that. Once you drop the leprechaun he does his job immediately, and of course its a bummer that he got killed but pot of golds already shuffled.

I like the draw two cards also, but actually prefer it mid game so i can use it to buff bananasaurus
Message 9 of 15 (730 Views)

★ Guide

maybe instead of a shroom for two, other candidates to consider would be: 

wall nut

astro shroom (i think that is it, the super rare one) 

sunflower (it's around a 50/50 chance of staying alive until the next round

also some great zombie starters:

rolling stone 

graveyard 

afterlife of the party

Message 10 of 15 (707 Views)