Re: Berries MUST be Nerfed

by TAllenSr

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What's a legacy card?

No matter. My favourite consistent Zombie deck is dance aggro for Boogaloo.

The base package is based on these cards:

Bungee Plumber

Disco-Naut

Aerobics Instructor

Conga Zombie

Disco Dance Floor

Cosmic Dancer

Flamenco Zombie

Final Mission.

Also Disco-Tron.

Quick draw con man is also very strong even though it's not a dance card, but it's very aggressive. Gizzard Lizard also works well as mass removal. Area 22 is probably the best environment for the deck.

You can add legends like Binary Stars, Head Hunter and Valkarie, but they are not required.

This is fairly fast aggro deck. It doesn't have the best of matchups against Berries, though it certainly holds it's own. The valk helps against that deck due to her higher health. Against most Plant decks, it's so fast that it is very consistent.

Message 31 of 46 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I meant Legendary.

That is a strong deck, and I have similar ones. In fact, early on it was one of my favorite decks. I still don't think it matches Berries in terms of win rates etc ... especially when you factor in rarity.

I guess what I was trying to say is that if there is not a matching deck on the other side (Zombie), that in itself is an indicator of a possible OP deck.

Message 32 of 46 (851 Views)

★★ Guide

Looks like you got your wish!

Berries are being nerfed.

Message 33 of 46 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Gabochido wrote:

Looks like you got your wish!

Berries are being nerfed.

Where do you see that? I am still seeing "Spring Update" in the News.

Message 34 of 46 (799 Views)

★★ Guide

You really should follow the reddit forums. That's where most of the discussion about this game actually happens. Just search "PVZ Heroes Reddit". People keeping track of the game are constantly datamining their sources and an update came up over the weekend showing a balance update. They don't have an exact date of when the update will happen, but they've been consistently correct beforehand.

Message 35 of 46 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just got off of Reddit...Ugh ... not a real nerf at all. Strongberry goes from 4/4 to 4/3, and Strawberrian now only does its bonus attacks "Next Door" (instead of also in its own lane). This will not fix the problems. Both costs should have been raised by one -- or at LEAST raise Strawberrian to 4 cost. Strongberry was never "too healthy" ... it is all the bonus hits/looping that is challenge, and the speed at which you can ramp em.

And I really hate some of the other nerfs. Raising the cost of Valkyrie ... AGAIN? Come on. Now it costs 7 to put her on the Mustache Monument. How many times they going to nerf her? She is not OP ... it takes a lot of time and LUCK to ramp her up to a final death blow, and you have to have a lane open etc. This change will make it not worth playing that anymore.

Barrel of Barrels now cost 2? That will kill one of my fun Impfinity Decks.

Planet of the Grapes going to 3 cost? There goes my Killer Beans deck.

I do like the raise of Briar Rose to 5 cost however.

I sure wish they would release the supporting stats for some of these changes. :-)

Message 36 of 46 (785 Views)

Champion (Retired)

that's a pretty big nerf...  Strawberrian also got a need to a 3/2, making it vulnerable to plumber, and it can't defend it's own Lane.  

You're not wanting the deck nerfed (Which again, I'm, was only needed because the community are lazy crybabies) you're wanting an "I win" button when you play berries.

Message 37 of 46 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ha! I get your point, and I did miss the heath reduction which will help. I still think a cost increase to 4 would have been better for balance. We shall  see!

I doubt they fixed the dueling Strongberry "keeps attacking after death loop" bug though.

Message 38 of 46 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@daalnnii wrote:

and it can't defend it's own Lane. 

How so? It still fires 3 in its own lane ... that is a defense. Previously it could get 3 bonus hit in its own lane as well as the neighboring. Still pretty awesome power with the right sequence.

Message 39 of 46 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is what a lot of players react like but I was expecting something more humble from a fellow software developer. While balance changes are usually imperfect, I think we should always give the benefit of the doubt, specially if we don't have all the information. Have you never created a piece of software and had people falsely think that it did not work in a way it was meant to work just because they didn't think about it?

I personally agree with Daalnnii about Berries being quite beatable, but it is clear that the player base doesn't so, the nerf will hopefully create a more balanced metagame. The most important thing about both Berry nerfs is that both key cards have been reduced in health, making them susceptible to a larger number of removal spells. It seems to me that you're not considering this in your evaluation of the nerf, since this will have quite a big effect on how zombie heroes can deal with them. Also, now you can put a small zombie in front of Strawberrian without it dying automatically because the berry player played a couple of berries.

Also, you are down on some of the nerfs to the zombie side but I assume that because you haven't been following the reddit forums, you haven't seen people complain about barrel of barrels or how Valk is still a very strong card. Did you know that after they nerfed all the cards used in Valk OTK people reacted just like you, saying that it wasn't enough and that Valk was the one that needed the nerf. They were wrong but I think it's fair to consider that now that Berries have been made weaker, the strongest zombie strategies also need to be constrained to avoid fully dominating again.

Message 40 of 46 (754 Views)