Re: Any hope for new sets?

by daalnnii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any hope for new sets?

★★ Novice

Does anyone out there have any information to keep me hoping for a new set, or is the game really dead? 

Message 1 of 18 (4,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Let's put it this way: The game is so dead, that even the forums have died down so much, and with no feedback from anybody who actually knows anything,  that players from here are migrating to the Reddit forums.

In fact, it's so bad people are relying on other players, Who Are Pretending/Suggesting To Know More Than Others And Are Not Part Of EA, for answers.

Even if there is another update, how will we know that we won't have to wait a YEAR for the next? 

Game is dead; play til you're bored.

View in thread

Message 12 of 18 (3,590 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There's always hope.  There was just routine maintenance done in the game, which means popcap is still supporting it, even if it's just routine maintenance.

That said, I've reached out to our community manager and they're going through the channels to see if this is the final state of the game.  Everyone is in agreement that if this is all we get, it's only fair to make the players aware before they spend money on a game that's not going to be updated anymore.  Once we hear back (give it time, like a few days at the very least) either myself or our community manager will let everyone know.

I know it's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but the answers are coming.  Thanks for your patience.

Message 2 of 18 (3,974 Views)

★ Guide

@daalnnii why will they even stop the game or it will be the final state !!! the game is just awesome and brings money to them through packs and adds , there is LOTS of people playing it , you can check any of fry em up's streams or videos on youtube and check the comments section !! the game is really well spread and i can't see any reason for them to stop working on it

Message 3 of 18 (3,959 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You don't have to sell me, my friend.  I've loved this game from the moment it became available, but popcap have been incredibly silent as of late.  There are a lot of players, both here and on Reddit, that are wondering if they're just leaving the game to die.  

I'm not saying the same is dead at all, it actually seems to be thriving in the actual game with incredibly low matching times....  I'm just saying maybe popcap has decided to stop supporting it.  That's what we're trying to find out now.

Message 4 of 18 (3,955 Views)

★★ Novice

Any news from PopCap?

Message 5 of 18 (3,468 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Not yet. Our community manager is trying, and I'm bugging him everyday to get something, but while they own popcap, they don't have direct control.  I've even got up popcap's Twitter and Facebook trying to get a response.  

I don't want to call it dead yet, but if they're this dismissive, it's hard to keep my hopes up.  I will let you know if any information does come down the chain.

Message 6 of 18 (3,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry to be impatient but it's been three weeks now since this post was uploaded. I am yet to see any updates from Popcap or even a post to keep us updated. I am a F2P player and have been playing this game from the start.I've gotten almost all the cards in the game and got bored of it already.It just feels frustrated and sad when Popcap just doesn't care about the game when it still have plenty of potential.I hope that quiting won't be the last option for me.

Message 7 of 18 (3,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agreed with you,i really hope this game won't die.It has such great potential and arts of both plants and zombie are so creative! Really hope they come out new set or at least some events or stuff to confirm with us they are still alive.
Message 8 of 18 (3,061 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no word?

Message 9 of 18 (2,960 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any updates?

Seeing whether it's worth spending my daily commute on this game still.

Message 10 of 18 (2,677 Views)