Re: Android update breaks Friends iOS crossplay (Oct 2019)

by Boondox_Ninja907

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@EIDiabolo @JustGidman @TreyFlamezZ

1.32.11 is still the most current version on the App Store (which seems strange - if anything would have expected Android version to lag behind iOS).

That said, if you check the version history you can see updates are increasingly infrequent. 11 updates the year of release, 7 in year two, 5 in year three but only 1 last year.

@EA_Blueberry - any updates from the team on on this? Back in November they were looking to address the issue in the "near future".

As an alternative, is it possible to make an older Android version available as a work around to the conflict?

Not seeing an option to download older versions from the Google Play Store.
Message 11 of 31 (926 Views)

Community Manager

@JustGidman 

Thank you for the info and you're right in that there isn't a way to download an older version. We'll raise this up to the team to let them know there are impacted users out there, however in terms of any updates I'm afraid there are none to share at this moment. When we find out more about this we'll update this post. 

Tagging in @EA_Arrenai for visibility. 

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 31 (898 Views)

PVZ heros vs not working

★★★ Newbie

Try to battle friends and I keep getting a message that I need to update.  There isn't any update available.  I even tried updating my phone.  What is going on. Support has not been any help

Message 13 of 31 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this problem since then as well and even sat on the phone with EA for hours trying to fix it, then I read an article and found out it’s because of the version update differences between iOS and Android .I’m just wondering when are iOS users going to get a more recent update to fix this issue ? 

Message 14 of 31 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it is sadly 

Message 15 of 31 (795 Views)

Re: PVZ heros vs not working

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @abc1152370561. I apologize for the wait on a reply there.

If you're still experiencing this issue, what version number do you currently show for your client under the Settings menu?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 16 of 31 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its 1.34.5

Message 17 of 31 (719 Views)

Hey there, @abc1152370561. Thanks for the update.

I just want to confirm. Are you on Android and your friend you are trying to Battle on iOS?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 18 of 31 (714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes tha is right

Message 19 of 31 (699 Views)

Hey there, @abc1152370561. Thanks for the update.

As it appears to be a result of another issue, I went ahead and merged the threads into the  main thread regarding it.

There is a known issue right now with the Android version being a mismatch with the iOS version. Unfortunately, the game does require both opponents to be on the same version. The game team is aware of this issue and I'll let you all know the moment I have an update on the status of this.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 20 of 31 (692 Views)