Re: Advancing to next level this season

by npgibbs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advancing to next level this season

★ Pro

I used to play berry decks, but it's not working any more after last nerfing update.

UL players, what decks you used to reach UL this season?

I'm still struggling in level 39 and seems quite impossible to advance any further.

Please help!

BTW I have always reached UL in last seasons and now I'm in trouble..

Message 1 of 11 (1,940 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
I understand as I had to abandon berries as well. I would have to know which cards you have in order to suggest a deck.

By the way berries are still viable but since they are so fragile you need to buff their health or defend them in order to make it work. Grape Responsibility and Photosynthesizer are the cheapest way to get to 4 health for Strongberry or Strawberian plus you can plant team ups from Guardian to deal with direct damage.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,820 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
I understand as I had to abandon berries as well. I would have to know which cards you have in order to suggest a deck.

By the way berries are still viable but since they are so fragile you need to buff their health or defend them in order to make it work. Grape Responsibility and Photosynthesizer are the cheapest way to get to 4 health for Strongberry or Strawberian plus you can plant team ups from Guardian to deal with direct damage.
Message 2 of 11 (1,821 Views)

★ Pro

I miss only one zombie strategy deck and some plants side nut decks, I have lots of cards Standard smile

Any help is appreciated!

Message 3 of 11 (1,779 Views)

★ Guide

Okay well just remember there are no one size fits all decks and the game is very luck based. Luck in what you draw, what and where you happened to play and who you got matched up against.

Now I like Rose the best. By far. She has no bad super powers. The only drawback is freeze can hurt with con man on the board and goatify can hurt if you are playing against goat/pet decks. So if you are fine with Rose then the best deck from her given the current landscape is get ahead of the sun count and drop a Dark Matter Dragonfruit in the water lane. Solar Environment, Twin Sunflower, Primal Sunflower and protect them at all costs. If a Twin Sunflower can get on the board at turn 5 and survive you get a DMDF on at 6 and it cannot be tricked.

Easiest way to protect flowers is with Rose.

All the other cards will be up to your available cards, playing style, and opponents.

Attached is a deck that has gotten me to UL for the past 4 seasons. I added Cob Cannon and Ketchup mechanic dependind on needs. I also shuffle in and out Snapdragon as it is a very good splash flower card to take care of the water lane. Let me know.

Message 4 of 11 (1,740 Views)

★ Pro

@npgibbs wrote:

Okay well just remember there are no one size fits all decks and the game is very luck based. Luck in what you draw, what and where you happened to play and who you got matched up against.

Now I like Rose the best. By far. She has no bad super powers. The only drawback is freeze can hurt with con man on the board and goatify can hurt if you are playing against goat/pet decks. So if you are fine with Rose then the best deck from her given the current landscape is get ahead of the sun count and drop a Dark Matter Dragonfruit in the water lane. Solar Environment, Twin Sunflower, Primal Sunflower and protect them at all costs. If a Twin Sunflower can get on the board at turn 5 and survive you get a DMDF on at 6 and it cannot be tricked.

Easiest way to protect flowers is with Rose.

All the other cards will be up to your available cards, playing style, and opponents.

Attached is a deck that has gotten me to UL for the past 4 seasons. I added Cob Cannon and Ketchup mechanic dependind on needs. I also shuffle in and out Snapdragon as it is a very good splash flower card to take care of the water lane. Let me know.

I have only some minor problems with this deck:

1. Only 2 Shrinking Violets, not 3

2. Only 2 Bird of Paradise, not 3

3. No 2 Cob Cannons

So I miss 4 plants.

Any suggestions for replacements?

Message 5 of 11 (1,733 Views)

★ Guide

None of those cards are necessary. I believe decks should have a core and complimentary. The core of that deck is to get ahead of the turn count and drop Dragonfruit. But you have to attack or defend before you can get to that objective so you can build the deck that best suits you. I can explain the choices:

Bird of Paradise is great. So if I get a twin sunflower to live and I have an option to play BoP or Briar Rose even if it means certain death to my Sunflower and no retaliation 9 times out of 10 I play BoP in the water lane. That good. It is a flower so works with Rose and the Conjure a Superpower has synergy with Aloesaurus heal. 2 are fine as I played with 2 for many seasons.

Shrinking Violet has zero synergy with the deck. The sole purpose of it was to counter Huge Gigantus who was killing me with Teleportation Zombie and Dr. Spacetime. Is another removal that really comes in handy but again not necessary. Same with Cob Canon.

An alternative card is Power Flower. 5 health sun and will heal well with flowers on the board. Plus this deck is vulnerable to graves (I just lost a ranked match to an UL player who gravestoned and had all 5 lanes full). Snapdragon is also a great card. It is really up to you. Rose is very powerful because of her super powers and even though both solar winds and Rose got as bad a nerf as the berries I still win quite a bit with her.

Another weakness of this deck is you only have 1 useful first turn play. If you end up with Transmogrify as your first super and a ninja hits the board it can be a disaster using your power on a 1 cost zombie. Tweak it to suit your style.

Message 6 of 11 (1,726 Views)

★ Pro

I added 2 Power Flowers and 2 Snap Dragons.

Will try this deck later.

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 11 (1,722 Views)

★ Guide
@Kermo3 If you find you are getting a bunch of bad (too high sun cost)starting draws you should look to add some low cost plants. But Rose does have good super powers.
Message 8 of 11 (1,717 Views)

★ Pro

@npgibbs First 2 games I won and advanced to level 41. Thank you!!! 

Message 9 of 11 (1,683 Views)

★ Guide
@Kermo3 Congrats! You are doing better than me with the deck. Just remember to tweak it to suit.
Message 10 of 11 (1,667 Views)