Re: 100% Win Rate Plant Deck

by patdk75

Original Post

100% Win Rate Plant Deck

★★ Guide
So a very strange thing happened that I never thought would be possible. For those who remember my Heartichoke healing deck, it was at a 80% win rate when I first started, but over time I noticed more players finding counters to it. It dropped to 50% win rate so I had to abandon it.

Then I tested a couple test builds with Solar Flare and noticed this deck doing well so I kept playing it. I created it at lvl 32 and, once I reached lvl 38 I told myself I would post this deck if I still had 100% by lvl 40. Well... Here it is. My most powerful deck to date. Sitting at a perfect score from lvls 32 - 40. 100% win rate. I really wish they would show win rates on each deck you make to prove to you I'm being honest. You'll just have to trust my word.

Anyway, simple strategies that I loved doing with this deck are keeping my Blooming Hearts alive as long as possible if you start with them at turn 1. If that means you sacrifice a Lil' Buddy when you still have 20 health, do it. Your opponent will spend more and more brains to kill a 1 cost card. Too awesome.

Another strategy is to play Cosmic Flower on Pair Pearadise. 4 damage strikethrough and 2 extra strikethrough plants, yay!

Briar Rose played directly after a Solar Winds popping up a Sunflower is obvious and I try to save one Lil' Buddy to protect my Briar.

Other than that this deck has both great aggro to combat early game imps and great crowd control for the late game. Oh and the Berry Blasts won me most of my games so keep a staple of 4 total.

Have fun! 😊
Message 1 of 27 (11,310 Views)

★ Pro

Thank you, I will try this Standard smile

Message 2 of 27 (11,290 Views)

★ Pro

I won on first attempt Standard smile

Message 3 of 27 (11,265 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah.... flowers are pretty strong. Rose is also pretty forgiving if you don’t get that turn 1 drop b/c her superpowers all help you keep the board from getting out of control the first couple of turns.

If you keep up your 100% through 50 let the devs know so they know what cards to nerf.

Just kidding! Well done. 👌
Message 4 of 27 (11,248 Views)

★★ Pro
I believe you man. I went from 30 to 50 a few seasons ago with 5 losses and three were disconnects, so I know it's possible. It's almost hatd to believe yourself while rolling through the levels too, you get that feeling at times?
I have to say I like your deck, but strange, strange to me. Only the one elderberry, but what to take out for more, right?
Anyways I wish you good luck with the next league, keep it up!
Message 5 of 27 (11,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Why do you think is so special winning by playing a deck with 5 legendary card?

4 briar roses...wow... Would be different if you had had 4 dandy lion Or 4 astrocado?

From a nice boring deck you can only Have nice boring victory Standard smile

Ps: the strong zombie players are not playing anymore, they wait for the new league. Test your deck the first days after new leagues starts..
Message 6 of 27 (11,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Yes as a flower deck it would be alot different with either of your examples.
As a zombie hero that dabbles with plants, 5 legendary in an undefeated(so far) deck is pretty good. I can recall many games where you're going up against nothing but legendary and events, and maybe a couple lower rated.
Why dont you post a deck that counters his rather than mocking?
And why is it always an issue that people play with legendary cards? Isn't that what they are there for? They make your decks better, so it would be foolish not to use them, and besides, what is that proving anyways? Should I start making decks with only commons and rares, so I don't get looked down on? pshaw
Message 7 of 27 (11,158 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Sorry, I was not mocking rather I compliment you.

I am just saying that there is nothing surprising in getting a victory with a strongly based deck with 5 legendary cards.

Good for you, 100% victory is nice, but I do not see any Challenge or fun in dealing with it.

Put another way: your deck is the plant answer to the mustache based deck.

I had had 3 dandy lion: my strategy was healing, playing two of them and giving the final struck.

I gave up, too boring.

Just my 2 cent.

Message 8 of 27 (11,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
I had all 4 Briar Roses back when she was only a Super Rare, before the Legendary update. Technically speaking, if they never made her a legendary, this would only have one. Sorry if you came late to the party.

As for fun, the purpose of this deck wasn't to have fun, it was to win. My most favorite deck for fun is my Citron Roots deck, but it has a 30 - 40% win rate. You wouldn't want to share that deck to newbies if they're trying to advance in RANKING, but casual... Sure! Fun deck.
Message 9 of 27 (11,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Which party? Standard smile

If your objective is to win regardless of the fun there are plenty of available deck. Solar flare or Immorticia with endless trick for example, or astroshroom and grotto or mustachr and valk or blob.

Playing 4 briar roses or 4 dandy lions is very good if you want to win.. But nothing of so special to me. Just ordinary

I more surprised when a newbie with a smart use of basic cards can challenge you and get a victory. This is surprising. Standard smile
Message 10 of 27 (11,122 Views)