Xbox Gold Requirement for PvZ is WRONG

by bbspiderma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox Gold Requirement for PvZ is WRONG

★ Newbie

Will you consider sometime soon, now that the game has had its release, of making Plants v. Zombies Garden Warfare playable WITHOUT having to also pay for Xbox Gold?

Honestly, I can't tell you how angry I am. My 10-year old bought this game with his own money. We only have a 1-month free trial for Gold. So now for him to play this game, he's going to have to continue to pay for it every month? This is just WRONG.

Please, as a company with integrity, consider upgrading the game so that it is playable without this requirement and added expense. It just feels like a rip-off. It makes me NOT want to buy him EA games.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22 (25,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Gold Requirement for PvZ is WRONG

Hero (Retired)

It's an online only multiplayer game, Xbox requires you to pay to play online.

There's nothing EA or Popcap can do about that now sadly.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (28,929 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

It's an online only multiplayer game, Xbox requires you to pay to play online.

There's nothing EA or Popcap can do about that now sadly.

Message 2 of 22 (28,930 Views)

... and this is exactly why, as parents, you should be paying attention to what your children purchase, as well as teaching them to read and research something before buying it. Simply going to the website for the game would show you that it requires Xbox Live.

http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

Message 3 of 22 (24,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As for me, I thought I understood what "Please be aware that you will need an Xbox LIVE Gold account to access Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" meant, and we do in fact have an account. What upsets me is that it is not made clear on the box for the 360 version that you cannot have multiple people--multiple family members--playing together on that one account. We thought that, at minimum, one of us could log in and the rest play as guests. That, apparently, is not possible.

Message 4 of 22 (24,840 Views)

★ Novice

I don't understand why people don't do their research before purchase? \

You, should've done your reseach before letting your child buy the game ... I done mine, very easy... bing or Google is not hard to find

Message 5 of 22 (24,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my  child pré owner this game for christmas, on origin , no indication for the obligation to have a xbox live gold, he has 12 years old ( we are french)  and now he 's very diseaointed . it's not normal   i want a dedomagement ( escuse my poor english)

Message 6 of 22 (24,796 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The box also says gold required.  Its an online game, this is the only way to play this way

Message 7 of 22 (24,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with 1st post on this thread. My son has many xbox games and NONE of them are online only and all of them have an option to just play a single player. This game is only for 7+ ,not as someone on my posting said  - 10+. These games should have a single game player or co op at home option. My son's game is being returned and I suggest that others do the same. If enough get returned ( and it sounds as though there are lots of problems and dissatisfaction) then maybe EA will sort it out and produce something a lot better. We deserve better than this for the money we pay.

Message 8 of 22 (24,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Having only experienced popcap's iOS-version pvz games, I was completely taken by surprise that the game had no stand-alone option. Sorry for not thoroughly "researching" my 7 and 9 yr old's request for this game. I've also worked at a national game store during the last 2 holiday seasons and don't recall any other non-pc games being released with only online play available. You've lost a customer EA and I'm not going to be shy about sharing my opinion with others.
Message 9 of 22 (24,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is messed up. Although, I do think that Xbox One has a local co-op mode to play, sadly not the 360. I just need to know how to access this game mode? If this doesn't actually exist, and I'm just crazy, I agree with everyone else: EA, you need to fix this.
Message 10 of 22 (24,608 Views)