Voice chat and game sounds seperate

by Cygnus11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Voice chat and game sounds seperate

★★★★ Novice

Is there any way to have voice chat come out of my usb headphone device, but keep game sounds coming out of my main pc speakers?  I know that some games are designed to separate these two audio channels so that different devices can handle them (similar to the way that the consoles work).  One example of an EA game that supports this is Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

If this is not possible, are there any plans to add this feature in the future?

Message 1 of 8 (845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice chat and game sounds seperate

★★ Apprentice

No.  Set the default communications device to the usb headset and set the default device to speakers.  I think that's what you want.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (806 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

http://www.crashwiki.com/pvz-garden-warfare-disable-chat-disable-mic-use-push-talk-use-voip/

heres a good write up that explains your options for controlling voice coms

Message 2 of 8 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the link.  I guess the only way to get voices through the headset and game sounds through the main speakers is to use a 3rd party voice application.  This isn't really a good solution since it would require that others in the game use the same application and voice chat server.

Message 3 of 8 (815 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No.  Set the default communications device to the usb headset and set the default device to speakers.  I think that's what you want.

Message 4 of 8 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 8 (787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@mistafist wrote:

This did not accomplish what I was trying to do.  I want everyone's voice to come out of my headphones, but keep the game sounds coming out of my main speakers.  Setting the default cummunications device to the usb headset just enables it for outgoing voice.  It does not change where the incoming voice is sent.  Incoming voice is still going to my main speakers, which I don't want.

Thanks though for the help.

Message 6 of 8 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Dunno then, works for me.

Message 7 of 8 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@mistafist wrote:

Dunno then, works for me.

Yes!  It did work.  I didn't notice that you had to right-click on my USB device in the Playback and set it as the default communications device in the menu.  I was just setting it as the default recording device in the Recording tab.

Thank you again for clearing it up for me.

Message 8 of 8 (732 Views)