Re: Useless laptops. Problem caused by low end hardware

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Useless game

★★ Novice

I cant believe this. How pathetic that one buys a brand new game, waste your money on it, and then have to try tips and suggestions for it to wotk.

It the pathetic programming from EA. I'm running a new Alienware Laptop that is designed to play this yet it cant be played??????!

This ix ridiculous! !!!!!!!!! 

Can you (EA) bring out something that actually works for a start?!

Message 1 of 5 (884 Views)

Re: Useless laptops. Thread solved.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

"EA" isn't here. 

Quite a few years ago, Alienware was an independent boutique style custom computer assembly company, and made relatively good stuff.  Dell hasn't made a high quality product since they moved production offshore.  Game developers continue to ignore laptops as long as none of them will agree to any standards for particular classes of hardware. 

System requirements are always stated in terms of desktop / tower PC hardware, especially the GPUs. 

Message 2 of 5 (873 Views)

Re: Useless laptops. Thread solved.

★★★ Newbie

It's not true

I am using a PC but it says that i cannot run this game though i've Windows 10!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 5 (779 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Useless laptops. Problem caused by low end hardware

★★★★★ Expert

An operating system is not a measurement of performance quality. If anything, at the current state of Windows 10's slow progress, it is more of a liability than an asset, sorry! 

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare

Minimum:
    Required: Internet connection required to install and play
    DVD-ROM: N/A
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz
    RAM: At least 4GB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c
    DirectX: 10.0+
    Hard Drive: 15 GB
    Input: Keyboard, Mouse or Dual Analog Gamepad

Message 4 of 5 (767 Views)

Re: Useless game

Hero (Retired)

My first guess would be the Alienware laptop has two graphical units.  One IGP in the CPU and another dedicated GPU.

Try forcing the dedicated GPU on:

For nVidia (example shows BFHL but switch it for PvZ:GW)

http://imgur.com/a/6KJBH#87BGUaE
nVidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> Add Program (PvZ:GW) -> High Performance Processor

For AMD cards it's found under Switchable Graphics in Catalyst Control Center.  I believe you need to enable "Advanced View" to see it.

Message 5 of 5 (751 Views)