How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

by awesomedude818

Original Post

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Novice
I returned the need 4 speed game and basically put a personal boycott on ea games. They need to be like all other vendors and just plug n play. One shouldn't even have to make an account away from the ps4 unless they want to. Ridiculous, get it together electronic arts!
Message 31 of 54 (4,964 Views)

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie
Was this ever resolved, I am trying to play starwara battlefront with my son
Message 32 of 54 (4,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Before anyone spends 4 hours trying to sift through all of this if the sub account persons age is set to 13 or under ea will not allow the accounts to be linked. due to the child online protection act because the have not put a way to limit chat features for someone they just want to exclude people from play their games as a family Thanks EA your the Best.

Message 33 of 54 (4,865 Views)

★★★ Novice
Not true. The subaccount age is set way above 13 and it still doesn't work. EA has not resolved this problem with subaccounts and I don't think they ever will. Why one has to even make an account with EA to play the games in the first place is asinine. Because of this we will never buy or support EA. No, they are not the best.
Message 34 of 54 (4,862 Views)

★ Novice

Well... my e-mail matches but it isnt connected

Message 35 of 54 (4,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what I just did GW2 is went through and made a new account in the prompt in game because it is a sub account it asked for a parents email which i put my email and followed all the directions to set up a new account and done... my boy can play on his own account... YAY...

Message 36 of 54 (4,721 Views)

★ Novice

I've struggled with this too and I consider myself competent.

What is the point of needing to set a child's Sub-Account to 18 years old?  Won't that give them access to the things you want them protected from?

I like EA games, but this interface with PS4 is pathetic.

Message 37 of 54 (4,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive been locced out of my account will this help?

Message 38 of 54 (4,635 Views)

★ Apprentice
Adding a subaccount has got to be easier. This is just plan laziness on ea and origin for not making this process easier.
Message 39 of 54 (4,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So you are saying Playstation just changed the birthday for you no questions asked?

But either way am I correct to understand no matter your child's age if it is a sub-account it wont work?

Message 40 of 54 (4,405 Views)