How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

by awesomedude818

Original Post

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★★★ Novice

Okay thanks. I had adjusted my son's birthday on the EA account and then tried to connect the accounts. I guess I need to delete the EA account and try again.

Glad someone was able to figure this out.

Message 21 of 54 (9,585 Views)

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

I have been struggling with this for days, after all my problem was that I created a new account with a child birth date. Also I found it very un-intuitive that the gold + sign does not show at the second account. Anyway this is the way to do it first time right:

0. In case you have make the same mistake I made, by creating an account with child birth date, you should either create a totally new one (requires another email address) or contact Playstation and EA by phone to get the birth date modified...

1. Create new Playstation Network (PSN) Account (easiest is to do on the Playstation website but can also do on console.
Make sure you enter a parent birth date, otherwise the account will be a sub-account and you will not be able to link it with Origin/EA account later.
Activate the account in the PS4 by adding this account (log in with it).
Make your own PS4 the primary console.
Skip the purchase of PS+ (because you already have this on your main account). Your new account will allow you to make use of PS+ but it will not show through the gold + sign, don’t worry about that.

2. Create a new Origin Account (I did it in the Origin app but you can also do it via Origin website).
Also here, enter a parent birth date.

3. Link your new Origin account to the PSN account. I have read that this might happen automatically, but to be 100% sure I used the EA site (https://help.ea.com/).
Choose Login, don’t enter email/password here but choose the button in the bottom ‘sign in your account using PSN’. Here, enter your newly create PSN account.
Next you have to login with your newly created EA account credentials.
Now you get the message that your EA ID has been linked to your Playstation PSN account.

4.  Restart the PS4 console, login with your new account, and you should be able to play EA games on-line using the PS+ online subscription of your main PSN account.

Have fun!

Message 22 of 54 (9,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I like how I'm trying to do this for the sake of importing my save file of dragon age inquisition, and the fact that the game came out in 2014, yet I see tons of help forums on this website reporting this exact same problem. Does anyone have like a petition site or something to make EA fix their stuff? Cause like their whole system doesn't work at all.

Message 23 of 54 (9,448 Views)

★ Novice
I'm on the origin client on my pc, and I've gone into the find friends but there's no 'connect' button, what do I do? I'm trying to connect my ea account to my PS4 account.
Message 24 of 54 (9,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Completely agree...have spent 3 hours trying to get Need for Speed to work on my kid's subaccount and no luck!

Message 25 of 54 (9,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie
E.A. is trash I'll none E.A. games from this point forward.
Message 26 of 54 (9,251 Views)

★★ Novice

EA FIX THIS ALREADY.

3 HOURS SPENT.... I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS

THIS IS PURE MADNESS!!

Message 27 of 54 (9,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, 3 hours!!! Really bad parental control forces parents to create adult account to let them play. It will be better to let parents decide which games they can play!

Message 28 of 54 (9,212 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ea mods keep linking the same junk and all of us are saying it's not working. We have a kid who has a sub account, all restrictions are off on the accounts and still can't play on the sub account.
We are the parents, we don't need EA/origins handling what our kids can and can not play. Fix your games so they can play on more than profile on the game system.
I am personally done with EA products because of this. Always a battle getting EA games to function.
Message 29 of 54 (9,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me neither

Message 30 of 54 (8,761 Views)