Re: 1scaredycat1 - Greatest cheater ever

by GrimnirReaper

Original Post

★ Novice

The game should post page of people who have been found to be cheating.  "Naming and Shaming" (done by the company) has been shown to be a much better cheating deterrent than account bans, etc.  Cheaters, on all platforms, can build an account back up in no time using the same cheats you are punishing them for.  

So what is the punishment?  Oooh, you've been a naughty boy so we're going to ban your account, but you'll just redo the same thing and see if the company can catch you again.  Rinse and repeat.  More companies have to put their foot down and not waste time with account bans for verified cheaters/hackers.  If you're going to ban someone, ban their device.  I'm sure some can work around that too, but it is much more difficult.  Sure, anyone else using the same device would also be banned.  Put it in the Terms and Conditions.   If they get caught cheating and some other family member would lose access as well, it would serve as another maybe more powerful deterrent.

I know from playing online games, since they were developed, that gaming companies tend to not be too serious about cheaters/hackers.  If it doesn't affect the bottom line who cares right?  And allowing some cheating has been shown to actually increase revenue.  Thus the lame punishments and non-naming of cheaters.  It becomes a question of morals vs dollar signs.  We all know which side wins in most companies.

That being said, do you plan on continuing to look the other way on cheating for PvZ GW3 when it comes out?  The answer will influence if I will even bother to look into it.  

*waits for denial that they are lax on cheating/hacking in any way*

The proof is in game playing.  Do you actually have company people who go in and play the game to see what is going on on all the platforms?  Cheating is always more prevalent than the company thinks.  It always has been with online games, especially rpg shooters.

Oh well, just two cents from an old gamer.  Can't even get gumballs with it anymore.  

Message 11 of 12 (671 Views)

★ Expert

Don't bother they openly allow aimbot cheaters on GW1..two of them play every day and kill the game.  GW2 is now plagued with boss character hacks so GW3 will be no different.  My pet peeve is you can't name shame and they tell you to report them but do nothing.  In my opinion if you have reports of cheating from 20 different users your account should be suspended automatically until someone unlocks it.

Message 12 of 12 (595 Views)