Re: Cannot create an account due to being under age

by WootCandy

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

ESRB and PEGI are for different regions.  7 PEGI  10 ESRB, no clue what the other boards rated it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_content_rating_system

ESRB doesn't have a 7,  the only two lower are E : Everyone and EC : early child

Message 11 of 30 (3,068 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok

In Europe (mostly) PEGI is used. In my country (Poland) PvsZ GW has PEGI 7 rating (see links in prev post), PS Store used PEGI 7 also, so "in law" my 9 years old son has full right/ability to play it.

I and other customers who saw this rating on PS Store decided to by this game. And problem is still unresolved.

Message 12 of 30 (3,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here....

The game is rated Pegi 7 but my 7 year old kid cant play the game...

So EA, show us your excellent customer service and resolve this issue!

Message 13 of 30 (3,014 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@frrrrankie There is a solution posted here, have you tried that?

Message 14 of 30 (3,012 Views)

★★ Novice

This solution (by davepawson) didn't work on my account and Zeafer79 also.

After that, my Origin account is tied to both the adult PSN account and the child PSN subaccount.

There is no option to tie child Origin account to child PSN subaccount in the Origin client. Maybe this is a problem source.

Message 15 of 30 (3,003 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Try asking Customer Support: http://help.ea.com/

Message 16 of 30 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You absolutely rock for figuring this out.

Message 17 of 30 (2,785 Views)

★ Novice
Great post! Over a year old and still works. I've shared this over on the Playstation forums since the best response to date there has been completely useless.
Message 18 of 30 (2,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@davepawson wrote:

Okay. After wasting a lot of time chatting with EA tech support yesterday, I actually got this to work. Here is how I did it...

Problem: You have a kid whose PSN account is a subaccount of your PSN account. Your PSN account is tied to an Origin account, but your kid can't play at all when logged in as themself because they aren't tied to an Origin account, which is required to play *any* mode, seemingly.

Solution: 

1) Download the Origin client for your PC or Mac. I didn't say this was going to be pretty :-) Log in as yourself, the adult.

2) Run the Origin client. Click on the button to see your Friends, then click on the button to "Add a Friend"

3) On the resulting screen, there are buttons to import Origin friends from various options, including PSN

4) Click on the button to import friends from PSN

5) Here is the important part. When you do this, it is going to ask you to log in to PSN so it can scan your friends and find friends that use Origin. The important part is: log in to the child's subaccount, not your adult account.

When you do this, it may or may not end up finding or adding any Origin friends, so if you actually care about that, be forewarned. But as a side effect, it ends up saying, "Huh. I guess that other (child subaccount) PSN account is also associated with this Origin account." So now your Origin account is tied to both the adult account and the child subaccount.

Once this is done, a really cool thing (in my opinion) happens. Not only does the child account work properly, allowing the kid to connect to Origin and play online, but it disables the in-game chat and messaging for the child account. For my purposes, this is actually really appropriate and smart. I think it is a shame that the integration is so nice, but impossible to find.

Hope this helps...

Did not work for me. I didn't get any information about connecting the accounts. But when I go to my profile I can see that accounts are connected. But I think this was already the case before I tried importing the friends. Any ideas what to try next?

Message 19 of 30 (2,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

WHERE - can i find the origin client to download?  What does this mean? ??

Cheers,

Message 20 of 30 (2,501 Views)