your experience in BattleZ Seasons

by lawmfw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

your experience in BattleZ Seasons

★★★★★ Expert

So I shall begin the new thread for BattleZ Seasons !   What are your thoughts/reactions the first week ?

Message 1 of 42 (1,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: your experience in BattleZ Seasons

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Inconsistent scores abound for this week in BattleZ Seasons - extreme ranges

Here is my lowest winning score so far; there have been too many below 100k !  (and one loss below 100k)

View in thread

Inked Enlighten lowest winnng score so far PvZ2jpg.jpg
Message 42 of 42 (891 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi, Lawfmw,

Loving your Amazon* avatar, though I miss your Bride of Franky imp...

I finally got the update and I'm really enjoying the change... but then I'm not as levelled-up or experienced a player as everyone else & had no win streak to speak of to lose :0 but just got 5k for my first win so v. pleased.

Still struggling to find the plants that work for this week's Battlez. But I like that too, it keeps my brain active.

I've actually gotten to like shadow plants, & the recommendation to get Bombard-mint: I just *love* that mint. Waiting hopefully for Spear next.

Hope others in Seasons are discovering something to like about it.

Best wishes, here's to your World Domination Standard smile

*Amazon as in warrior princess, not JB's Emporium of Tat

Message 2 of 42 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

tyvm Aunty - I also like the Bride of Franky IMP and when I get in a mood it will return !!

Message 3 of 42 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Might just return today after awaking to find my PvZ2 forced reset to sw 7.3.1 and wiped out my x`10 multiplier streak and any chance to bring Peanut to M50 - she will now have to remain a spry 49...I just needed 3 more hours until the BattleZ clock expired !  I knew I should have stayed up an extra hour later last night !!

Message 4 of 42 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

i'm so sorry to hear you didn't get your Mastery, Law - can I call you Law? That sucks. The one time in life when staying 49 isn't a good thing.

I'm not as good a player as you so I don't mind all this as the farthest I ever got in a reward streak was 9. Once.

But maybe I'll be as p.o.'d as those who've lost out because of 7.3.1 when our friends at EA update again, after I've got better.

I hope you find something to your liking in the update, I feel bad for people who have put in so much to lose stuff.

I need to find out if it still works, that if you don't want to be demoted from your league, you don't play Battlez & don't collect your rewards until new Tournament - if that still works. Because I ain't gonna win j.s. this week with Level 3-4 plants.

Wasabi Whip is pants. But I don't like wasabi on my sushi, either ;o)

Take care!

Message 5 of 42 (1,340 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you for the kind message Auntie.

My skill is improving but I sure do benefit from much stronger plants.  Anyone would.

I was so excited to be watching my plants 'level up' so fast that I can empathize with the long term LOYAL players who are so upset over BattleZ being removed and replaced with BattleZ Seasons.

I am very disappointed by the new BattleZ Seasons.  Maybe it will improve over time but the new rewards did not incentivize me to want to get Zoyberan !!

I too plan to move down a few leagues and see how this game progresses.  I am not a Wasabi Whip fan either. 

EA was suppose to have found a way to 'separate' hackers (those they identified) from the legit players so why not just do the same for Mastery players instead of re-inventing BattleZ ?

This update is definitely geared for new or casual players.  Hopefully enough of them will like the changes !

Perhaps it is just a revenue issue...who really knows ?

Message 6 of 42 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have been getting a handle on BattleZ Seasons and it is interesting for me as a player with two profiles (one Level 1 plants and the other Mastery plants) on one Google Play account.  The overall crowns are counted as one account but each profile has a separate rewards tally towards progress (i.e. - Zoybean unlocked) !!

But both profiles have to be in the same League !!

I am dropping down a few leagues to see how the Level 1 plants will fare in Silver League as they do not fare well at Jade League at all.  I tried.

With the new BattleZ Seasons and no win streaks it is not as critical/costly to lose a match (just Gauntlets and eventually GEMs to replace the Gauntlets) but it does become a grind to gain rewards (mints, GEMs, Zoybean seed packets, etc) and I remember those grinding days from when my plants were at Level 6 or 7 and I became very frustrated by what seemed to be the unfair advantage of long term players or hackers or P2W players because I had no chance to maintain a win streak UNLESS through the purchase of GEMs.

A win streak was the key to collecting thousands of seed packets to strengthen your plants...

Message 7 of 42 (1,290 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

I am dropping down a few leagues to see how the Level 1 plants will fare in Silver League as they do not fare well at Jade League at all.  I tried.

A win streak was the key to collecting thousands of seed packets to strengthen your plants...

I'm going down too. Jade is horrible.

And the win streaks were easier to keep going as a player got better and levelled up their plants, yes? Aided by gems to retain.

I only didn't mind the new Battlez because unlike so many other players here, I had nothing to lose. But the second new Battlez (without Cake Tank, which I thought was sort of fun) tournament is terrible. I can't get past winning mints, but most of the time I just get the free gauntlet, which I am stockpiling for the Zomboss (good grief).

As I think you said, Jade League is only good for getting more seeds. But it's no fun at all. I haven't got that competitive ruthlessness, unless I get caught up with another player - they get ahead, then I do, then they do - bloody hell, why won't they lie DOWN?? - that sort of thing. Which doesn't happen in Jade.

How can you tell if a player is cheating/hacking? That's how new I am.

Message 8 of 42 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Also your experiments are interesting.

I shall get a new profile when OH passes down his Sony Experia. Be interesting trying to see on a mobile screen when I've been enjoying getting thrashed in 26 inch technicolour... Cat

Message 9 of 42 (1,261 Views)

★★★★ Guide

PS You probably already know this: but I saw on the RealGamer's youtube channel advice to start WW tournament with 10 moonshadow plants (mine are only Level 4) - I did that just now and won the first game of five I've tried today...

Message 10 of 42 (1,248 Views)