Re: should i upgrade my fila-mint?

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

should i upgrade my fila-mint?

★★★★★ Expert
Finally collected enough mints to upgrade fila-mint
But should i?
I've tried it in adventure mode and i just don't rate it.
It doesn't seem to do much and takes ages to regenerate and i wouldn't dare use it in battlez.
Am i wrong?
My options are:
A-use 100 hard won mints to upgrade
B-Hang onto my mints until something better comes along
C-eat the mints (they are sugar free and kind to your teeth)
What are your thoughts?
New pb of 690,900
VICTORY TO MEEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧

Message 1 of 15 (2,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Fila-mint
Even at level 10 (So 4050 mints !!) it takes 60 seconds to recharge, so definitely not a good option for Battlez.
So your options B and C seem the best imo.
Reinforcement mint seems to be a better option and maybe effective even in Battlez
http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Reinforce-mint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T8Ex2wj2vQ

View in thread

Message 3 of 15 (2,370 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

I personally would save the mints for the next experiment  experimint!

Message 2 of 15 (2,048 Views)

★★★★ Guide

http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Fila-mint
Even at level 10 (So 4050 mints !!) it takes 60 seconds to recharge, so definitely not a good option for Battlez.
So your options B and C seem the best imo.
Reinforcement mint seems to be a better option and maybe effective even in Battlez
http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Reinforce-mint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T8Ex2wj2vQ

Message 3 of 15 (2,371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Are there any more experimintal plants in the works?
I think I'll hang onto my mints until an extra strong mint becomes available.
EA don't seem very good at using their news and updates service to keep us in the loop.
Henceforth i wish to be known as DAVE THE MERCILESS or DAVE THE TERRIBLE or even DAVE THE INDECISIVE (haven't quite made up my mind yet).
VICTORY TO MEEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧
Message 4 of 15 (2,020 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I upgraded my filamint to level 8 this morning, but in reality I rarely to never use it. Will the 25x mint packs be used for something else in the future?

Message 5 of 15 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM

I was chatting online with someone who has the Fila-mint. They also have it powered up to level 10. Their opinion is that it's just a useless gimmick , even when powered up to level 10. They said all it does in Battlez is take up a valuable plant slot that would be far better utilized by another plant (Premium or otherwise) that would be working throughout the entire match instead of just for a few seconds at a time.

I have just over 1200 Power-mints and as yet I feel no inclination to use any of them. Even if I do decide to get the Fila-mint, I certainly wouldn't use it in Battlez. 

Message 6 of 15 (2,015 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Cor Blimey!- you're minted, I've got 103 and it took me ages.
I thought power mints sounded like a gimmick when they were announced.
When will people learn that more is not always better.
I've got to collect coins,gems (never have enough) now mints and i can't even eat them!
Perhaps EA's evil plans department at the north pole will bring out a range of premium plants that can only be bought with bitcoin.
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!🇬🇧

Message 7 of 15 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM

LOL! 'Minted'. I see what you did there. Large smile

The person I chatted with about the Fila-Mint had what I felt was a good suggestion when it comes to the Power Mint plants. As they're in effect a Power boost with a limited duration, instead of us having to commit a valuable plant slot to them, they could be put where the Power Snow, Power Toss, Power Zap, and/or the Power Flame are placed in the single player game.

I've found that I often don't make use of the 'Plant Of The Week' during many of the Battlez matches I've played. This is mainly because some have proved to be totally unsuited to the faster pace and tougher Zombies in the Battlez environment. That leaves me with just 5 plant slots to work with, and there's no way I'd sacrifice one of them for what amounts to a temporary boost that I MIGHT be able to use twice during a match.

I get the impression that the people who came up with the Power Mint concept did so with just one purpose - to encourage players into playing more Battlez matches than they otherwise might and end up having to pay to play. 

To do that, people have to use Gauntlets. Gems are needed to purchase Gauntlets and CASH is needed to purchase Gems. This is unless you VERY SLOOOOOWLY build up sufficient Gems to exchange for Gauntlets. (This excludes the hackers who never need to purchase anything because they have thousands or even millions of Gems.)

Okay, I know there's the 2 daily free Gauntlets and the Free Plays every 4 hours, and I ALWAYS make the most of that, but EA know that most people will eventually be tempted into purchasing Gems at some point. I still have unused Gems left over from the Pre-Battlez era, so with careful management I have yet to reach the point where that particular temptation hits.

Even if someone opts for what EA laughably refer to as the 'Best Value' option of 1800 Gems for $99.99, each Gem will cost five and a half cents. (MUCH higher on the other options). If they also go for the 'Best Value' option of 36 Gauntlets for 150 Gems, each Gauntlet costs just over four Gems. (MUCH higher on the other options). Multiply the Gem cost by the Gauntlet cost and it works out to around 22 CENTS per match - MINIMUM, and up to 50 CENTS per match if the lower value options are used. 

With that in mind, OF COURSE EA want us to go on a Power Mint hunt. It's just a shame for them that their chosen 'Bait' has turned out to be so useless. I can't help but wonder if any of the developers and/or EA executives ever even play Battlez? If they did, they'd soon see that the Mint plants are a total waste of time and space.

Message 8 of 15 (1,987 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I think putting them off the board is an excellent idea, or putting an extra slot with a choice of power mint so they become as compulsory as plant of the week.
I think EA have got their business model wrong with pvz2 and one day are going to get sued in a class action by thousands of angry parents whose kids have run up massive bills buying plants,gems,gauntlets you name it and its for sale in the store.
America isTHE most litigious nation on the planet and one day they may have to flee their secret hideout at the north pole and go back to uranus.
I would have happily PAID £30-£35 for pvz2 once i tried the demo and liked it so far i think EA have got about £25 towards their ferrari fleet out of me.
I swore when i started this i wouldn't be buying gems to buy gauntlets but i have twice.
If they moved the decimal point one space to the left everyone would be a lot happier and ALL premium plants paid for with gems (except the people who already spent a lot of money on this game).
Don't forget EVERYTHING in the store is virtual and doesn't have to be manufactured or packaged or grown.
Yes developers have to be paid and I'm very happy for them to make a profit so they can pay their fair share of taxes to keep the usa solvent and in the black.
I paid for the first pvz (not much as it was quite old by the time i discovered it) and still play it today (KUDOSfor whoever came up with the it's raining seeds concept).
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!🇬🇧
DAVE THE MERCILESS signing off.
Message 9 of 15 (1,974 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Totally agree with you two.
So far Fila-mint is more a gimmick plant that just waste time and slot, especially in Battlez.
The idea of having just one extra slot for power mint could be really interesting. Then you would have to adapt your stategy, is it more interesting that I play Fila-mint, Reinforcement-mint, whatever new mint, etc ? It would add a layer on your strategy and make power-mint interesting to play.

And yes the business model is so wrong. Some levels can't even be finished just with only normal plants and without power boost (spent sooo many coins in Wild West - Day 35 due to thoses f... chickens ! >_<).
And 5.49€ for each premium plant, so more than 100€/£/$ to get all prem plant ? Seriously ? 
But I guess they won't change it, we have to deal with it

Message 10 of 15 (1,962 Views)