Re: sharing your Boosterama BattleZ Seasons experience

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

all mints are L10 and all plants are Mastery except L9 Witch Hazel (WH)

3.2M using L9 WH and Enchant-mint with dual Primal Potato Mine PPM and Sun-shroom

2.5M using Caulipower and Enchant-mint with PPM and Sun-shroom

2.5M using Electric Blueberry and Enchant-mint with dual PPM and Sun-shroom

2.0M using Electric Blueberry, Electric Peashooter, and Fila-mint with Primal Potato Mine and Sun-shroom

2.0M using Electric Blueberry and Fila-mint with dual PPM and Sun-shroom

4M average using Blover/Chard Guard combo (for Gargantuars), LB, PPM, choice of SUN producer (to add LBs)

same score using Reinforce-mint in place of LB

a bit higher score using Bowling Bulb in place of LB

start with PPMs in far right column and a row of LB or BB far left

add SUN to be able to add more LB or BB in second and third columns

Bombegranate in middle columns does make life easier until the final 30 seconds of insanity !!

just trying to find a spot to place a plant is an adventure near the end !

try leaving a lawn space in the bottom left corner...try, try, try again

4.75M  Modern Day plants (Shadow Pea, Dusk Lobber, Conceal-mint, Power Lily, MoonFlower)

Column 3 is Shadow Pea, middle rows for Dusk Lobbers, outer rows for Shadow Pea

For non mastery or L10 plants you may not be able to place all plants at start so plant Dusk Lobbers and 3 MoonFlowers (for Shadow Pea Plant Food effect) to begin and then add Column 3 Shadow Peashooters as soon as possible (just for Imps)

4.7M Bombagranat Boosterama initial layout Power Lily Shadow Peashooter Dusk Lobber.jpg
4.7M Bombe Boosterama Power Lily Shadow Peashooter Dusk Lobber.jpg
Message 11 of 22 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Scaled past 5M but disappointing for a Boosterama event !

(not much higher than what was achieved last week)

5.113M 

just kept adding Dusk Lobbers in the middle columns once the Gargantuars started appearing AND, more importantly, kept Conceal-mint active on the lawn for the final 2 minutes !   (minor need for more MoonFlowers since I did run short of SUN...)

5.113M Bombagranat Boosterama Power Lily Shadow Peashooter Dusk Lobber..jpg
Message 12 of 22 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Practice room - 4.367M     Bowling Bulb (BB), Appease-mint, Primal Potato Mine (PPM), Squash, Twin SunFlower (TS)

a column of Bowling Bulbs (BB) to the far left to begin, PPMs to the far right to begin

After Let's Rock, place down 3 TS in the column in front of the BBs 

When Zombies are on the lawn, place Squash in Column 3 in front of the TS !!  (will take care of Imps when necessary)

Add BBs when you can as far left as possible

InkedScreenshot_4.367M Bowling Bulb Appease-mint PvZ2.jpg
Message 13 of 22 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Boosterama event with Toadstool

Level1 plants

1.199M  SnapDragon along with dual Caulipower, Conceal-mint, and MoonFlower (for plenty of SUN)

1.441M  Explode O'Nut along with dual Caulipower, Conceal-mint, and MoonFlower

1.432M  Bombard-mint along with dual Caulipower, Conceal-mint, and MoonFlower

I wish I had Level 1 Torchwood (to go with Level 1 Threepeater)

Someone else please try Level 1 Fire Peashooter (and other mints) with dual Caulipower, Conceal-mint, and MoonFlower ?

(I used up my three tries on one device and it is not appearing on the second device because of that)

Level 1 Boosterama 1.199M Toadstool SnapDragondual Caulipower Conceal-mint PvZ2.jpg
Level 1 Boosterama 1.414M Toadstool dual Caulipower Conceal-mint Explode O'Nut PvZ2.jpg
Level 1 Boosterama 1.432M Toadstool dual Caulipower Conceal-mint Bombard-mint PvZ2.jpg
Message 14 of 22 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Mastery plants (standalone Bowling Bulb scores below 5M but above 4M)

5.8M score

Toadstool, Enchant-mint, Conceal-mint, Primal Potato Mine (PPM), Laser Bean (LB), Primal Sunflower

initially two or three columns of PPM far right before Let's Rock - replace as required after Let's Rock 

plant 3 Primal Sunflowers ASAP far left

plant LB far left and at the end you should have at least 4 columns of LB

(shovel and replace when/if needed)

mints are for Necromancy waves

@PowerToss   this is for you - I replaced Conceal-mint with Snap Pea, Laser Bean with Bowling Bulb !!

5M Toadstool, Snap Pea, Bowling Bulb (BB), Enchant-mint, Primal Potato Mine (PPM), Primal Sunflower

(Snap Peas and BB are mixed together in the five far left columns)

Enchant-mint for Necromancy waves

averaging tonight below 4M but did reach 4.5M

Inked Boosterama Toadstool 5.8M Enchant-mint Conceal-mint Primal Potato Mine Laser Bean PvZ2.jpg
Inked Boosterama Toadstool 5M Enchant-mint Primal Potato Mine  Bowling Bulb Snap Pea PvZ2.jpg
Message 15 of 22 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Unable to replicate Practice Room yet

Inked Boosterama Toadstool 3.72M Caulipower Primal Potato Mine  Bowling Bulb Snap Pea PvZ2.jpg
Boosterama Toadstool 5.318M Shadow Pea Power Lily  Primal Potato Mine Conceal mint PvZ2.jpg
Message 16 of 22 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Solar Tomato - best effort 2.741M includes vanquishing all three Z-Mechs with Level 1 plants

This event was utter chaos and really really mean of the sw devs

Zombies jumping/pushed forward just as you plant a Solar Tomato or Exploding plant...

portals opening far left and quickly triggering a lawnmower ! 

I never made an effort to try Mastery plants with all the chaos...

Level 1 Boosterama 2.741M   Solar Tomato Escape Root dual Primal Potato Mines Explode O'Nut Bombard-mint.jpg
Message 17 of 22 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sounds like everyone else is doing great, but this is the first time I’ve been convinced the scores are seriously rigged. I haven’t once been able to get to the third prize for a streak of 3 won Battlez. I’ve tried an insane amount of combos and have used way more gauntlets than usual to just barely be making my league. My first Battlez will be a score well over a million with the bot player at about 150,000. My second Battlez will be a score well over a million with the bot player at a few hundred thousand. The third Battlez I am guaranteed to lose with my score only being about 500,000 or 600,000 and the bot player getting about 750,000. What gives??

Message 18 of 22 (532 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Must be your League.  I am in Gold and I am losing less than 10% with only a few close calls.  One I pulled out in the final 10 seconds by vanquishing the third Z-Mech and another I thought I had lost but somehow the final explosions put me over the top !  I save the Plant Food for using with Bombard-mints just to target the third Z-Mech.

Message 19 of 22 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You can get around 1.5m for killing z-mech three times, I'm getting around 4.5m using explosive plants, which are boosted this week. I can get up to 12 primal potato mines on tile turnips and i keep on planting them under him which works for me.

Screenshot_2019-07-15-01-13-20-1.png
Message 20 of 22 (523 Views)