Re: sharing your Boosterama BattleZ Seasons experience

by lawmfw

Original Post

sharing your Boosterama BattleZ Seasons experience

★★★★★ Expert

Boost week is upon us and the scores will be astronomical !!

Will your score rise by 30% or even 50% or more from the latest Explode O'Nut week ?

Let everyone know

Message 1 of 22 (1,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Scores doubled, but for some reason the game is going really sloooooow this morning; it's like playing underwater, esp. when I put boosted Mr Squash down.

Perhaps because loads of people are playing?

My internet connection is very strong this morning. Not a cow in sight.

Otherwise, great fun. I love playing with boosted plants but sometimes forget to use my plant food.

Message 2 of 22 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Imho the best use of boost is imitated primal potato mine, if C9 is kept free then the mines have only one column to land on.

I have noticed that the scores for punks landing on c3 vary from 600 to 800 points (white letters so not in scoring zones) I'm in bronze league and i wondered if anyone else noticed variations in scoring, there is so much happening on c9 it's very hard to tell.

Message 3 of 22 (1,268 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When you say c3 is that abc from the right or left?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 22 (1,266 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Left. And r (row) is also left so c1, r1 is top left lawn tile.

Message 5 of 22 (1,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

My Practice scores did rise quite a bit and the best results were from spamming a plant such as Primal Potato Mine (PPM) or even Kernel Pult used with Dusk Lobber.  Mastery was detrimental to higher scores for Shadow Peashooter (SP).  SP scores lower and penalized for slowing down Zombies versus a quick kill from PPM.

I chose to sit this week out and drop back so only had a few 'live' matches.

Message 6 of 22 (1,218 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I need another 700 crowns in the next 2 weeks to finish my goal of 2x L5 dazey chains and a level 1 for my 3 profiles.

I've got my L1, my non- mastery profile and have just got to get my mastery profile from L3 to L5, so far my highest score is 8.4m.

I have only lost one match since coming off the boycott (a foolish peapod/torchwood experiment), i started in iron, am currently in bronze and tomorrow I'll be in silver.Screenshot_2019-06-09-22-56-07-1.png

Message 7 of 22 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Finally a chance to play 3 matches...best score 7.4M using dual PPM, DL, SP, MF

Spamming DL and SP would give a chance at 8M - I just do not have enough playing time for this event.

(keep your hats on folks...my Explode O'Nut received 10 seed packets this week which will allow it to move from M87 to M88 !)

Thanks EA for making a level up event so meaningful again

MagicDave, you have been very busy playing BS

I am short <400 crowns for L5 Dazey Chain - level 1 Dazey Cahin has the seed packets to be L4 !!

Boosterama EON dual PPM 7.4M PvZ2.jpg
Message 8 of 22 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

One final try this morning spamming Laser Bean - needed more experience to reach 8M

Boosterama EON Laser Bean 7.53M PvZ2.jpg
Message 9 of 22 (1,171 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Chard Guard/Blover/Bowling Bulb(BB)/Primal Potato Mine (PPM)/SUN plant of your choice but scores are not that much higher than the previous non-Boosterama three day event.  RNG and Tombstone placement are major factors.

For level 1 plants I have tried many different combos of explosive plants (Explode O'Nut, Escape Root, Cherry Bomb/Jalepeno, even Hypno-shroom and Caulipower) but yet to do as well as players using Chard Guard/Blover with dual PPM (see the Level 1 mini forum thread for their details/videos which are extremely helpful).

Level 1 reaching 1M+ score with Chard Guard/Blover combo blowing away Gargantuars and I did reach just under 1M with Hypno-shroom replacing one PPM and separately with Explode O'Nut slowing down Gargantuars and another explosive plant assisting with finally vanquishing the Gargantuars.

Tombstones get in the way for the final 30 seconds and utilizing Bombegranate to keep Tombstones away from the middle is helpful early on.

Message 10 of 22 (1,131 Views)