Re: pinata party countdown glitch!

by lawmfw

Original Post

pinata party countdown glitch!

★★★ Newbie
Hello all first post here. I play the new pinata party every night at midnight and have never had any problems with the countdown timer until last night. When I went to play the pinata party at a few minutes past midnight, the timer was still counting down from 6 minutes which was odd. I normally restart the app and it goes back to normal but this was not the case. I waited out the 6 minutes and beat the pinata party but after I beat it the countdown for the next party was 340 hours! It is currently at 318 hours please if someone knows of a way I can get the timer to go back to normal please inform me I am afraid if I uninstall and reinstall the app I will lose my ghost pepper, sweet potato and homing thistle not to mention all of my progress, coins and gems. I am on an HTC One android and I have a google plus account since I downloaded the app from the google store but I don't know how to link my save data with my google account. Thanks in advance for anyone who reads this and tries to help. Cheers!
Message 1 of 10 (3,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found a solution I just had to go into my app settings and clear the cache for pvz 2 if anyone has this problem on android you should do the same it worked for me!
Message 2 of 10 (3,388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice!

Message 3 of 10 (3,122 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Did not work for me with my Samsung S7 phone.  Could not find PvZ2 cache to clear !!

My Pinata Party clock was set to 700 hours two weeks ago.  I was informed there would be a fix two days ago but so far no 'update' or resolution.  Still have two weeks left for the clock to countdown !!  Now at 316 hours...

Message 4 of 10 (2,497 Views)

Community Manager

@lawmfw I think the following steps should help. 

Go to Home > Apps > Settings. 

Choose  Applications > Application Manager. 

Go to the All tab and find the game. Choose it and choose Storage > Clear cache.

You might need to stop the game from this menu first. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (2,473 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

EA_David,

Why would you need to use Stop Game if the app has been closed ?

Thanks for the suggestion but that did not solve the problem either.

Laurie

Message 6 of 10 (2,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue with adds not showing up after two times, i cleared the cache as you guys suggested by i still seem affected by the issue.
Message 7 of 10 (2,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Settings/Apps/ pvz2 / storage then tap clear cache button.

DO NOT delete data and before you start either take a screenshot of your player i.d. and/or write or copy it down somewhere safe.

If something goes wrong then EA help can restore your profile from their backups.

Screenshot_2018-09-17-09-59-10.png
Screenshot_2018-09-17-09-59-21.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,364 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

thx everyone

I have 6 days to go and then see what happens

I think it was done purposely by EA as I created a new profile and the issue is not there !!

Message 9 of 10 (2,319 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

700 hour countdown is over and the clock reset to 24 hours.  Hurray.  29 days !!

Also now have the FREE GEMS and FREE Gauntlets again.

Hopefully I will be able to get the Spear-mint now.

Message 10 of 10 (2,224 Views)