Re: lost progress on PVZ2

by iSqeery

Original Post

lost progress on PVZ2

★★★ Newbie

the game has just crashed and after I reinstall and reconnect to google play games, it ask me for identity selection, but all selection show 0 coin 0 gem 0 mint 0 progress.  can you help me to recover the progress?

Message 1 of 11 (1,740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try going into your phone's settings/ apps/ pvz2/ storage and delete the data file then try opening it through Google play store, if that doesn't work try Contacting EA HELP CENTER (below) and give them your player i.d. number.

Message 2 of 11 (1,710 Views)

★★★★ Guide

https://help.ea.com/en/popcap/plants-vs-zombies-2/

first:

1. Select Topic > Technical Support

2. Select Platform > Android or IOS

3. Select Contact Us

After That:

1. Select Issue > Game Progress Issue

2. Choose your location (if you outside USA, Canada, Ireland or Australia, just choose None of The Above/last option)

3. Put your game ID there

Ea Help 1.jpg
EA Help 2.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Clearing the cache did NOT help me. I have contacted EA about this. I've played this game since it first came out and all of my purchases and progress have disappeared. They've asked me for info, let's see if they actually fix it and restore everything. I even tried re-installing on a different device and nothing. They contacted me and offered me a few tickets, coins and gems. I told them that was unacceptable. I have receipts back to 2014 in the Google Play store. Update: The "support" person e-mailed me that my account was "restore (sic)." Of course it wasn't and everything was still gone.  I just sent them a spreadsheet containing every single purchase I have made on this game including the Google Play Transaction number. Don't lie to me.

Message 4 of 11 (1,583 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try deleting data, if that doesn't work give EA HELP CENTER your player i.d. number and they can restore your profile from their backups.

Message 5 of 11 (1,579 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It just happened to me last Dec 30. I just restarted my phone then the next morning the game just asked me about new username and when I tried to connect to cloud, the progress data is different. All the efforts from those years and money spent are wasted. 

Screenshot_2020-12-30-13-20-10-89.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,358 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Caspieeee did you sign up to EA's email registration scheme or write down/ screenshot your ORIGINAL player id number?

Message 7 of 11 (1,354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MAGICDAVESHROOM I have the same problem as
@Caspieeee . What if you don't have your original id number?
Message 8 of 11 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@iSqeery  I'm afraid if you haven't signed up to EA's email registration scheme or kept a record of the player id number associated with the missing account then EA can't/ won't  help you.

Do you have it on an old device somewhere?

Your gamedata will be on EA's backup servers but unless you know the correct player id number you won't get any help from EA.

Message 9 of 11 (1,259 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MAGICDAVESHROOM I believe not, but thank you for the help anyway.
Message 10 of 11 (1,228 Views)