Re: longer user name

by linuxPigPen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

longer user name

★★★ Newbie

I'm limited in the number of characters I can use for my player name but I see other users with longer names than mine all the time!

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6 (695 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ironmill345 

Don't confuse profile names with arena names, you select your own profile names and EA changes them from a list of 9,900 and cuts off the last letter to retain anonymity.

My own arena name is Yang Xia.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/EA-ARENA-NAMES/td-p/8775692#M23600

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@ironmill345
The other names you see are not real user names. They are names selected from a database developed to keep opponents anonymous.
Message 2 of 6 (668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, thanks. Bummer that it limits user name to 12 characters.

Does this mean that my name even shows up to others?

Message 3 of 6 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ironmill345 

Don't confuse profile names with arena names, you select your own profile names and EA changes them from a list of 9,900 and cuts off the last letter to retain anonymity.

My own arena name is Yang Xia.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/EA-ARENA-NAMES/td-p/8775692#M23600

Message 4 of 6 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOMThe real question should be  how did you find out your arena name? 🧐

Message 5 of 6 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@karlakay3262 

I arranged with @Perfume-shroom92  to join arena at the exact time to the second so we could both be in the same jade league (nobody knows how many jade leagues there are every week) and once we were there it was a fairly easy matter to identify who was who. Her name was Bell (as they remove the last letter she could be Bella, Belle or Belly or might even have a number after it).

Message 6 of 6 (596 Views)