Re: leveling up?

by lawmfw

Original Post

leveling up?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

For 400 seeds and 30,000 coins leveling caulipower up to level 7 only increases toughness by 50 and recharges one second faster???????????  The toughness doesn't even matter in battlez - one bite and the plant is gone no matter what it is.  Having to spend coins to level up is * anyway when you've already earned the level up with seeds.  Now I find out that in battlez you only get 250 points for the zombies you get with cauli?  They said it's a "bug" they may or may not be able to fix before the end of this tournament.  This game is getting worse by the day.

Message 1 of 8 (442 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I totally agree, the leving up system is just s*tupid and unfair.

Either you pay for getter better weapons. (here coins)
Either you get stuff to upgrade them. (here seeds)

But both ?

Really ?! Are they other games where similar things happen ?
Yes it is s*hit

Plus the amount of coins becomes ridiculously high at some point. Like 20k for Hot Potatoe lvl 5, seriously ? Large smile

For the bug, EA is so shady ("there is no streak breaker") that I'm really wondering if it is really a bug, or if they did it on purpose and stepping backward since they saw people reactions. Thinking

Message 2 of 8 (430 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think they did it on purpose and hoped no one would figure it out.  Next week they will probably just ban caulipower again for battlez.  They shouldn't be able to do that either since it's a premium plant but they seem to do whatever they want with no regard for the players.  They are eventually going to just alienate everyone who has been playing for a long time and just keep the new ones who will spend money on gems to buy stuff.  Maybe that's the plan

Message 3 of 8 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It gets worse.If you buy a premium plant for actual money then if you've been playing for a few months then you probably have accumulated enough seed packets to immediately level up your shiny new plant but you still have to pay for the upgrades with coins (bought from the shop or from watching ads).

Message 4 of 8 (415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

And watching ads is making money for EA.
I read it was around 0.1 $ per ad (well I may be wrong).
It's not a lot.

But watching 3 ads for "free" gems, 4 for "free" gauntlets and one for Pinata and you already have almost 1$/player/day.
If you add the 3 daily pack of seed, it's 3+4+1+3*5*2 = 38 ads/day so almost 4$/day.

Then think about all the time you needed coins in the game:
All the coins you had to watch to upgrades some plants.
All the coins you wasted in some really hard level (WW35 Devil)
And most of thoses coins came from watching ads.

So yes, just with the ads and their sneaky mechanics that force you to watch them, EA is probably already doing a looot of cash.

Few weeks ago, I made a list of all the mechanics that was here to force the players to watch ads or spend coins.
I got more than 30 I think . With their so called "magnet-shroom" and "Cauli" ban I guess I could add some.
If they release shadow peashoter next week, I would not be surprised that they ban Cauli.

Message 5 of 8 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

WW35 was driving me crazy too.  Finally I decided that I had to level up two key plants one of which was Hypno-shroom and then I was able to survive using very few coins !!

My plants are not MAX level

Message 6 of 8 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@lawmfw wrote:

WW35 was driving me crazy too.  Finally I decided that I had to level up two key plants one of which was Hypno-shroom and then I was able to survive using very few coins !!

Hypno-shroom is not one of those plants that really need to be upgraded to be effective. A plantfood dropped onto it will turn whatever zombie touching it into a gargantuar on your side whatever level it is. Glad you finished him off.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-15-58-09.png
Message 7 of 8 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks for the table.

I was in error as I meant level up from the Zen Garden.  First Strike upgrade was what I meant to say.

Message 8 of 8 (326 Views)