bug for players before 7 AM local

by blah123412349874

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bug for players before 7 AM local

★★★★★ Novice

If you play the daily Pinata before 7 AM local time, you do not get the gems as a prize. I travel frequently and have been in multiple time zones, with the same experience consistently.   The Pinata party show up, works fine; you just don't get the gems for winning it.  If you play after 7 AM local, then the gems are awarded as designed.

Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bug for players before 7 AM local

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

No idea whatsoever. Only EA/Popcap could answer that for you.

I only know about the midnight bit because I happened to be using the app late one night and saw the 'Free Gems' box had lit up just after 12 o'clock local time. (UK).

In the UK the 'New Epic Quest' message appears at 08:00.

This is based on BST. (British Summertime) and may well shift by one hour when the clocks go back in October.

This is why we should be governed by when the Travel Log resets, rather than a specific time.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@blah123412349874

This is not a bug, but more due to time zone variations.

You'll find that the free Gems, and free Battlez Gauntlets, will refresh at 12 midnight local time. You therefore should wait until the daily and event tabs in the travel log are also refreshed to get the Gems for the Pinata Party..

This will only have happened once you see the message "New Epic Quest Available" appear alongside the Travel Log icon and you then enter the log to see all the new events are activated.

Irrespective of whichever time zone you may be in, if you wait until the New Epic Quest notification has appeared you will then get the Gems for the Pinata Parties.

In other words don't be ruled by a fixed time, but by when the Travel Log updates.

Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
thanks

Do you know why the two refresh at different times?
Message 3 of 4 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

No idea whatsoever. Only EA/Popcap could answer that for you.

I only know about the midnight bit because I happened to be using the app late one night and saw the 'Free Gems' box had lit up just after 12 o'clock local time. (UK).

In the UK the 'New Epic Quest' message appears at 08:00.

This is based on BST. (British Summertime) and may well shift by one hour when the clocks go back in October.

This is why we should be governed by when the Travel Log resets, rather than a specific time.

Message 4 of 4 (287 Views)