Yesterday when I turned on PvZ2 it had no players

by SoccerPear

Original Post

Yesterday when I turned on PvZ2 it had no players

★★★★ Novice
Yesterday when I turned on PvZ2 (actually for the 2nd time) it no longer knew anyone had ever played it before. There had been 2 profiles although the 1 had not been used in a couple years. My tablet kept giving me the keyboard which i thought was an error until i realized there wwre no profile names there. I had completed all the worlds and most of the additional extra hard levels, had iver 600,000 coins, over 500 gems, all the planta that could be purchased with gems, and most plants were leveled up to at least level 6. What happened??? And more importantly how do i restore it?? Ive seen it suggested to link to your Google acct., but i dont know where i would do that or if i even have one. Thanks for amy help!
Message 1 of 5 (583 Views)

Re: Yesterday when I turned on PvZ2 it had no players

Community Manager

@SoccerPear Were you playing on a guest account or had you linked your game?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I believe it was linked in someway.  I had the game controller in the lower right corner, and when you look at the Achievements (reached by clicking on the controller icon) there are achievements dating back to 2015.  When I look at the settings (from that screen) it says I am currently signed in as [edit: email address removed].  That is my account for the google playstore which I don't use, so I am now logged into your site with my regular email of [edit: email address removed].  However, your system doesn't recognize my gmail address even though my tablet says that is what I am currently logged into the game with (and I don't know what that password might be anyway - I tried to reset it, but did not get a link emailed to the account).  Sorry for the slow reply, things are hectic just now.

Message 3 of 5 (530 Views)

Community Manager

@SoccerPear The best thing to do would be to speak with one of out live advisers. To speak with a live adviser please click on the following link and you will be taken directly to the Origin contact page: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I see in the "news" section of the game that there is information posted on how to recover your game, just prior to when this happened to me.  I'm guessing this means EA did something in an update to the game that caused many people to lose their current game (and all plants, gold, and gems).  I am hoping you have figured out how to resolve this.  The news article says you need your user id.  My "gamer id" is SoccerPear.  Is that helpful to you recovering the lost game?  The article went on to say go to Download preference in the settings, but there is no such choice in my menu, and not anything remotely close to that either.  If you can help, that would be great.  Otherwise I will contact your live help after the holidays when things are less hectic.  Thanks for your time!

Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)