When Battlez Bots Go Awry

by zkckranger

Original Post

When Battlez Bots Go Awry

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Last night I was playing Battlez, working to earn the newly released modern pinatas that unlock the new Shadow Peashooter.  Shadow Pea is a mandatory participant in Battlez this week.  I lost to 2 strange fights where the opponent had 3 level 1 plants, then 2 premium level 7/8 plants that seemed to make no sense.

This is the last screenshot of what can only be a bot.  At the time I took this screenshot the Shadow Peashooter had only been released 9 hours ago.

Obviously impossible to have amassed 1,600 pieces of Shadow Pea.  What we're looking at is an EA bot that picked a random level for each plant and picked to uber level the brand new plant.

Screenshot_20180911-230225_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Message 1 of 10 (535 Views)

Re: When Battlez Bots Go Awry

★★★★★ Expert

Wow !!  I have also seen some very strange combinations that I suspect are 'bots' and not actual players.  Gives me pause to spend money on the game.

The challenges are fun but if the game is rigged even only some of the time...

Message 2 of 10 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

> This is the last screenshot of what can only be a bot.

That is not entirely correct. 

It is theoretically possible, this is just another one of those WALLET WARRIORS with DEEP POCKETS.

Guess it took him 160 taps total of the 'buy packets to unlock the level 9 Standard smile

Message 3 of 10 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It is hard to tell.
I had a Battlez reward with 60 seeds for it.
Now imagine the guy has a streak of 1000 or more.
He may get 600 seeds as a rewards.

If he played 200-300 Battlez, he may have had a lot of seeds already.

What is more suspicious for me are the other plants he played.
Iceberg Lettuce really ?
No moonflower to boost the peashooter ?
I don't see how someone can do 2M5 with thoses plants.
Especially with chicken zombies around.

Message 4 of 10 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

> Iceberg Lettuce really ?

Oh it's all ok though. He is using the fire-pea-shooter so that he can null-out the frozen effects from the Iceberg. It's a winning strat because no competent player would ever see THAT coming Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (485 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS  a écrit :

> Iceberg Lettuce really ?

Oh it's all ok though. He is using the fire-pea-shooter so that he can null-out the frozen effects from the Iceberg. It's a winning strat because no competent player would ever see THAT coming Standard smile

Aha that what I though

Plus not only the choice of plants make no sense (except maybe twin sunflower if does not have moonflowers) but also the level of his plants make no sense.

Like he already has lvl 8 shadow peashoter but still lvl 2 cherry bomb ?
Either he has not the seeds for lvl 3 cherry bomb (just 75 seeds) but he managed to get 3935 seeds (which would be almost 10k of gems if I'm not wrong) for shadow peashoter in 2 days.
Either he has the seeds to upgrade cherry bomb, did not upgrade it, but he is using it in Battlez.
So it's shady or really stupid.
And he has not really anything against zombie chicken (except the cherry bomb from time to time) so I don't see how he can manage against them.

Message 6 of 10 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It is possible to have a high level shadow peashooter already because EA briefly put seed packets in the modern day pinatas but only in the streak pinatas and i managed to get mine up to L6 before they removed them. Because of the streak multiplyer someone with a massively long streak could have got a huge pile of seed packets. At the moment they are only available through the store at a ridiculous gem price or in the pinata parties at 3 per pinata (if you're lucky).

That's what i understand to be the case at the moment.

I lost by over 10 million to a maxed out bot and i posted a screenshot on another post.

Screenshot_2018-09-15-08-22-18.png
Message 7 of 10 (434 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Problem is, we can't know if there are legit player, jacker or bot.

And EA doesn't give a poop (cap) about it, see @Humplemann topics on Reddit and here that got no answer at all from official, so we have no answer at all and will never know.

Message 8 of 10 (424 Views)

★ Guide

Funny, so I was right.. they DID renegade on their claims of giving us packets in battles.

Funny, I do not recall any updated pop-up from EA telling me of their renegade! They had us under impression that the packets would be given during Battlez... which is why so many were playing Battlez and spending $$$$ on buying gauntlets.

Not very cool EA... 

Message 9 of 10 (416 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Looks like the combo iceberg lettuce + fire peashooter is still a must have ! @D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/9j42p5/interesting_plant_choice_interested_in_your...

Message 10 of 10 (310 Views)