What to do with 1.5 Million gauntlets and 1.5 Million mints

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What to do with 1.5 Million gauntlets and 1.5 Million mints

Anonymous

I contacted EA support and they directed me here. This is gonna be long...

Real issue: Coins, mints, gems, sprouts, and even power ups keeps duplicating/multiplying whenever you load/sync with Google Play Games (game pad icon on right side)

Requested resolution: Zero out those gauntlets and mints. Maybe save a few thousand mints but I'm fine with zeroing them out completely. Excessive coins and gems, I can deal with that.

Currently sitting on 1.5 million gauntlets, 1.5 million mints, 490 million coins, 22 thousand gems, 7 thousand zen garden sprouts, more than a thousand vase breaker power-ups. Before this issue started, I have around just 4 million coins (I can't remember the rest as I was concentrating on saving up coins at the time). Initially, I was thrilled that I don't have to view more ads and do battlez to earn those but it was duplicating almost every time I click the game pad icon on the right (game pad icon on left is for EA sync'ing).

Clicking that icon has been a habit since I fear that I might loose my progress and earnings. I lost a profile and its progress before so I don't want that to happen again. I can probably spend all of those except for the gauntlets. My longest battlez streak was almost 500 and that took me weeks. How am I to deal with a more than a million?

The backstory: I have three androids that I use depending on location. One I share with a family member (Samsung Tab S4 - Android Oreo), one for daily driver and commute (Samsung J4+ - Android Oreo), and one old device that I was about to give away (Sony Xperia Z1).

The nitty-gritty details: It all started with the Z1. The game was hanging/crashing so I did a factory reset and then installed the Google Play Games (GPG) and PVZ2. As with new installs, PVZ asked for a new profile name. I usually just wait for GPG to kick in so I can skip this profile creation but for some reason it was taking too long. I created a new profile and only then did GPG sync'ed my main profile. No biggie for me as I can just delete this new profile and keep the active profile. No issues so far. All is good for now.

Then, I noticed that for a few days, those 5K coins seed packets are no longer offered on the store. I also noticed on the newly installed PVZ2 on Z1 that there is an offer for the new sling pea shooter thing that is not on other devices. Also, the second news dated November 7 was not showing on my other two devices.

So with my infinite knowledge and since I was in the mood for re-installing stuff, I uninstalled GPG and PVZ 2 on my other devices (Tab S4 and J4+). This apparently was a mistake since I could have just updated via Google Play store. Oh well... moving on.

I started with the J4+ since it was closer at hand. Installed GPG first. Checked GPG settings and it is all good. Took just a few minutes. Then installed PVZ 2. Felt like forever. And then ran PVZ 2 for the first time. And like with Z1, I had to create a new dummy profile before GPG can load my active profile. I initially thought of keeping the dummy profile out of curiosity. I renamed the dummy profile and played it for a bit and then decided to delete it altogether. Loaded my current profile and everything is intact as expected. Plants, battlez standing, coins, etc. All seems well for now.

Before I move on to the Tab S4, I went to check on current profile on my Z1 as I didn't do it before. When the game loaded, I noticed that the old profile was there and the un-renamed dummy profile from J4+ was there too. Then GPG kicked in again and removed those when I clicked on that right game pad icon (RGP icon). Then I noticed that all my items have doubled at first (coins, mints, etc). Plant levels were untouched. I was initially thrilled. No more grinding (were my thoughts). So I closed the game on the Z1 and went to my J4+ (Z1 was over heating a lot) to spend those coins and gems. This time when it loaded on the J4+, the renamed dummy profile was showing and went away after clicking the RGP icon. On the main screen, I noticed that the items have doubled again. As I had to attend to something at that time, I had to close the game again.

A few minutes later when I opened the game on the J4+, the Z1 dummy profile and the unrenamed J4+ profile was showing. Clicked on RGP icon. The renamed dummy profile showed up. Closed the game. Reloaded the game  and clicked on RGP icon. The dummy profiles are now gone. Got curious on the left game pad icon so I clicked that too. It said it sync'ed.

Now on the main screen with the J4+, I saw that the items did not just double. My math is not that good but I am sure it is about 8x after the double double-ing. It feels wrong now. Too many gauntlets, I said. Closed the game and opened it again on the J4+ and it multiplied again... And the kicker: I was in the Soil league again!! With zero crowns!! I was in 2nd placer in the Jade league just a few hours ago (with 300+ crowns, the first placer was at 900+). I panicked, of course. I closed it on the J4+ and moved back to the Z1 and the items multiplied further...

So I thought to myself, maybe on the Tab S4, it will all go back to normal levels. So I closed the game on the Z1. Installed the game on the Tab S4. Created a dummy profile since GPG was not yet kicking in. Deleted the dummy profile. Clicked RGP icon. The amount of items (coins, gauntlets, ect) remained the same since the last multiplication. Still in the Soil league. And out of curiosity, closed the game. Clicked RGP icon. No duplication seems to happen on the Tab S4. But the amount of items are still at those excessive levels.

At that time, the gauntlets were "just" a few hundred thousands. I thought to myself, I can probably just let this be. I can spend those coins and gems. And never had to wait for these "free" gauntlets and wait for four hours for free play just to do battlez successively. I attended to some chores after that and thoughtlessly moved back to the J4+ to spend those coins and gems. I thought the duplication stopped. I was so wrong. It multiplied again by... I don't know how many. More than double.

I told about this to a family member and he got curious. He wanted his items doubled too so he was asking for the details on how I "cheated". He wanted to check out the current coins/gems/gauntlets and Z1 was the nearest device. So I opened the game again and viola! It multiplied again!

So now I have no choice but to exclusively use the Tab S4 for playing PVZ. I can't always lug this device around as it is not pocket friendly. I uninstalled the game from the J4+ and will probably retire the Z1 too.

Contacted EA and they gave me basic troubleshooting steps. Some of them don't even apply to me. So here I am...

So... Anyway to resolve this without resorting to installing mods and suspicious APK's?

I attached some screenshots from my Tab S4 so you can ogle at those excessive amounts.

Screenshot_20181109-232025_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Screenshot_20181109-232422_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Message 1 of 12 (3,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What to do with 1.5 Million gauntlets and 1.5 Million mints

Anonymous

Piñatas in soil league seems like a waste... I've thought of that though... I "only" have 96k gems... Yeah maybe I will before they take it away...

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (3,424 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Buy a virtual Bentley and an imaginary chateaux in france.....

Message 2 of 12 (3,505 Views)

Anonymous

Oh how I wish this was possible... I was actually thinking that I should have had this problem when the mints were available. I wasn't able to get one mint and the rest are level ones. Only my pepper-mint is at level 10. With the ton of mints I have, I have put them to use.

This almost feels like winning the virtual lottery. Overwhelmed by the coins and mints and no way of spending them...

Message 3 of 12 (3,448 Views)

★ Novice

Same to me.Biy some premum plants and pinatas to upgrade plants.I hope they will fix this.Its wreid

Message 4 of 12 (3,429 Views)

Anonymous

Piñatas in soil league seems like a waste... I've thought of that though... I "only" have 96k gems... Yeah maybe I will before they take it away...

Message 5 of 12 (3,425 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Soil League Pinatas are of much lesser value than at Gold or Jade level...never noticed that until the past few weeks.  I will wait until I move up to use my Gems.  That has been my strategy all along.  Wait until I reach Jade League and then purchase Pinatas.

Message 6 of 12 (3,405 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You've not been reading my posts, I'm sure i recently mentioned it somewhere on the forum.

Message 7 of 12 (3,399 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Reading is not one of my strengths...

You did point out why I was (for me finally) noticing the discrepancy between 12 and 13  !!!  :-)

Message 8 of 12 (3,395 Views)

★ Novice

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. This is insane.

Message 9 of 12 (3,384 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

That is stating it mildly.  Too many issues wit the new update. 

Message 10 of 12 (3,370 Views)