Re: *Watch Ads

by Belldandy333

Original Post

*Watch Ads

★★ Novice

In plants vs zombies 2 a person can watch ads for free gems, free battelz, and an extra piñata party.  However since the last update this option has only been available on two or three occasions.  We used to be able to use this option every 24 hours.  Will we ever have the opportunity to watch ads for free stuff again or has plants vs zombies 2 ran out of sponsors.  This is the time sponsors should want their ads run. ‘‘Tis the season for shopping after all. Happy holidays

Message 1 of 13 (581 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@thezobels7 wrote:

In plants vs zombies 2 a person can watch ads for free gems, free battelz, and an extra piñata party.  However since the last update this option has only been available on two or three occasions.  We used to be able to use this option every 24 hours.  Will we ever have the opportunity to watch ads for free stuff again or has plants vs zombies 2 ran out of sponsors.  This is the time sponsors should want their ads run. ‘‘Tis the season for shopping after all. Happy holidays

Be thankful you have no ads. There is a bug involved with the ads at the moment, and it changes the value of currency (coins, gems, gauntlets, mints, etc)  in game, as well as resets battlez tournament status and winner streaks. I'm hoping they will remove the ads.

Message 2 of 13 (550 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Belldandy333 wrote:

@thezobels7 wrote:

Be thankful you have no ads. There is a bug involved with the ads at the moment, and it changes the value of currency (coins, gems, gauntlets, mints, etc)  in game, as well as resets battlez tournament status and winner streaks. I'm hoping they will remove the ads.

It's not ads that are responsible. It's down to a conflict caused by EA's new email registration system clashing with other game saving methods. EG Google Play.

I know someone affected by it and it's virtually ruined the game by taking away most of the incentives to continue playing.

Message 3 of 13 (544 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There is much more causing these bugs than just a new Registration process

There are now issues during play of BattleZ or Adventure mode that did not exist before, resources are being erased during play which has nothing to do with the Registration process...

need I go on ?

EA has lost my trust and certainly without trust why would I spend any money ?

Message 4 of 13 (536 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw

I'm saying that the ROOT cause was the new EA registration and the conflicts it caused within itself and the cloud saves of other sources. EA recognized this and shut down their email registration and cloud saves system, but it was already too late for those affected.

I've been told that banners from way back will appear on the start screen - Like announcements proclaiming the release of 'New' features such as Battlez, and the introduction of Power Mints. For that to happen, the cloud saves must have been scrambled and it's become a lottery for anyone affected regarding what kind of save will be restored to their device when syncing a profile with the usual provider. 

Once the 'bug' is in place within those saves it becomes imprinted and therefore self-sustaining, which results in the continuing weird behaviour of the app when it comes to resources fluctuating and players being 'Soiled' along with losses of streaks.

Message 5 of 13 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

so what can affected accounts do (if anything at all) ?

Message 6 of 13 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

so what can affected accounts do (if anything at all) ?

According to someone I know who's been affected - nothing. All they're doing is continuing to play and hope everything is still functional by the time EA come up with a solution.

It seems EA can't do anything much either at present, or at least nothing effective.

It seems likely it'll continue to affect players until such time as the next update comes out. If past spacing between updates is anything to go by, that could take months. 

Heaven only knows what chaos it will have caused by then.

Message 7 of 13 (506 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

thanks for the response 

the next update will have to erase old corrupt profiles ?

how can they do that safely ?

Message 8 of 13 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

My educated guess would be to change the format (data structure) of the profiles and/or to rebuild it locally (on the device itself) then synchronize with storage servers (GPG). That removes the corruption but can also introduce another issue like lost world progress (may require you to replay some world levels).

Message 9 of 13 (496 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Those affected by the bug can only hope that any 'Cure' won't end up being far worse than the affliction.

Those NOT affected by it have to hope that the 'Cure' won't be applied to them as well, and EA don't end up ruining everything for them as well.

The situation desperately needs a 'Silver Bullet' approach to precisely target and eliminate the problem with minimal collateral damage. But what's the betting EA will use a 'Shotgun' approach that will have far reaching and in all probability destructive consequences for everyone?

Message 10 of 13 (478 Views)