Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

by Zephyrian

Original Post

Re: Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

★★★★★ Newbie

I have The Same problem.

Message 61 of 68 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem.  I submitted a help request to EA and they said they cannot help me without my player number.  My old phone crashed and I cannot get the number from it.  I sent them my user name, email address, and a copy of a receipt with a transaction number from a previous purchase.  It seems to me that they should be able to use that info to look up my player number.

Can you help me or connect me with someone at EA who knows how to find the player number?

Message 62 of 68 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@davidwins13 

EA HELP can't/won't do anything unless you provide them with the correct player id number.

The won't look up your details or help which is why it's so important to write down or screenshot it in case of a situation like this.

If you have pvz on an old device you might be able to get it off that.

If you signed up for EA's email registration scheme they can send you a unique code to restore your account from their backups.

Message 63 of 68 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Zephyrian So what I did was I made a second account with the same email and closed the game and opened it again and it should ask which account to use so you can pick the one with more progress
Message 64 of 68 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I logged into my account although still my data has yet to be transferred.

Message 65 of 68 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello there ım tag. And ı have same problem to. Listen we try to use old datas. But when ı log in ı cant use it Frown. İts not about google or other program. Listen ı love Plants vs zombies but ı dont want play over again so you EA try to fix it or ı leave pvz 2Frown

Message 66 of 68 (308 Views)

★ Pro

If you are on IOS and have a new device you can copy everything from your old device to the new ones so you will not have to start the game from scratch.

Message 67 of 68 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This original post was dated back in 2014 so some of the information posted is now incorrect due to changes in later updates.

The Game save progress was made possible years ago with the introduction of email register and this also allows cross platform support on old progress recovery.

I suggest the mods should lock this post to avoid further posting and making confusions to new players.  

Message 68 of 68 (286 Views)