Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

by Zephyrian

Original Post

Re: Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

★★★★★ Novice

If I have transaction receipts they should be able to see which player ID purchased them, and then link that which is my old player ID to the new one. But because none of them will investigate anything, or even read any of it. No one is doing anything.

Message 51 of 68 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@renewed_mind 

If you had your old player i.d. number then it would be a simple matter for EA un HELP to restore your lost profile.

You will have to be persistent and keep on nagging them to look up your details to find it, it just too much trouble for them.

If you posted this on reddit i can tag a dev called Haemophilus, she works as a dev for them and tries sorting these matters out.

EDIT; i found your post on reddit and tagged Haemophilus so she will read your post.

i would like to point out that it is a really good idea to screenshot or write down your player i.d. number as it makes everything so much simpler for everyone.

Message 52 of 68 (1,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My thing though is even if I had it written down somewhere from then to now I'd have lost it and have no clue where it was... In fact there is a very strong possibility that I had a screenshot of it saved, but when my home PC hard drive started failing and then right after my NAS hard drive failed I lost a lot of my data unfortunately and it would have been in that.

So even if I had screenshots it back then.. it wouldn't still be available.

What really gets me is the fact that it doesn't just save everything in Google play games. Isn't that the entire purpose of syncing Google play games to the game in the first place? So that when you get another device you open the game sign into Google play and it reloads the app and restored all of your data?

This is the only game I've ever played where it didn't matter if you had signed into Google play games to save everything or not,if you don't have your devices player ID number you cant get any of it back. 

IMHO it is a terrible design flaw to make every aspect of your game rely on a player ID that is only available in the game itself.

Message 53 of 68 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The whole purpose of syncing your gamedata with Google is to provide a quick and easy way of getting your profile back, it works for me and most other people who use it.

I'm not being snarky with you but if you had have retaken a screenshot of your old player i.d. and had this problem then it would probably have been sorted by EA help within two days.

Your profile is sitting in a server somewhere waiting for someone to get off their arse and look up your details to restore it.

Anyone who has had dealings with them knows how bad they are and how they keep on kicking the can back to you until you get fed up and go away.

I do not include the answers hq staff in this, but they are rarely seen in this forum and they rely on myself and the rest of the community to act as UNPAID support staff.

I have tagged Haemophilus on reddit for you and i hope she sorts you out, I'm going to send you a private message with a suggestion that might make your life easier.

Message 54 of 68 (1,579 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For example I play War Robots. A 1GB game

That is one very complex and large game. It actually got so complex to the point to where my old device wouldn't even play the game, it would crash before I could even try to join a battle. So I had deleted it from my phone, and haven't played it in over a year.

I downloaded it on my new device, signed into Google play games, and it resynced everything, all of my robots, my progress, absolutely everything was there without any issue at all.

I also play World Of Warships Blitz, a 1.8GB game.

I had played this game despite it's it's it would run pretty smooth, with an occasional crash on my old device. But as soon as I logged into Google play games it pops up a thing saying other profile detected, I press whatever to load it, and everything comes back... All my ships absolutely everything.

That's the way games should be, if you use Google play games to save all of your purchases and progress, as soon as u sign in to Google play games on another device once you open the game up it should offer to restore everything. 

I honestly thought this game did, since it says you can play the exact same game, with the same progress and purchases and everything across multiple devices. But it seems that is not true.

Even though the game knows I have made these purchases by popping up a notification asking me if I want to restore purchases, but then when I press restore it always says "successfully restored 0 purchases"

I can close the in game store, open again same thing over and over and bother ever gets restored.

So I guess the only real way to play the same game on multiple devices, so that if your playing on your tablet and it dies, you can pick up your phone and keep going, is if they link your game to multiple player Identification numbers, which is just a dumb design. IMHO

Message 55 of 68 (1,578 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@renewed_mind 

There is a long term bug in pvz2 called the restore purchases bug.

It pops up after a new update or install and even if you already have the plants in your almanac up pops those annoying restore 0 purchases messages.

It usually fades away after a while until next time you install or update.

EA is supposed to have changed the game so it will sync between Apple and Android devices through the cloud but i only have one Android device so i don't know if it works well or not.

Message 56 of 68 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For iOS users, can you give us a solution to a broken phone scenario please? I've backed up my broken ipad prior to its desctruction, but I am still not able to use back up on my iPhone to get my player data back. 

Message 57 of 68 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@zxz0bxw2do4i wrote:

For iOS users, can you give us a solution to a broken phone scenario please? I've backed up my broken ipad prior to its desctruction, but I am still not able to use back up on my iPhone to get my player data back. 

Sign in with your Apple ID on your new iPhone, download the App and your progress should be back up. The other option is to use EA Email registration (in game feature). 

Message 58 of 68 (1,155 Views)

★★ Novice

Im no expert at data transfer but i think if you sync your apple id/google account on both devices the data will be carried over

Message 59 of 68 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PvZGWisbestgame 

Before anyone does anything please screenshot/ write down your player id numbers found in game settings/ build version.

If all else fails EA HELP CENTER can restore a lost account from their backups BUT they need the player id number to do so.

Don't publish it on a public forum but keep it somewhere safe.

Message 60 of 68 (936 Views)