Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

by Zephyrian

Original Post

Re: Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

★★★ Newbie

Yes I change my new phone and luckily I'm get back my previous account thanks EA

Message 31 of 68 (2,360 Views)

★★ Novice

how you do it? pls help

Message 32 of 68 (2,275 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Firstly EA seems to have changed everyone's player id at the last major update (the one when they tried to sync android and apple). There is now a different player id number and a new "persona" number. I put in a complaint about missing content and they couldn't help me when i supplied my old id number and i didn't know they'd changed. Why they don't still keep the old player id numbers on file is a mystery to me. If you have an android device then get it linked to google play so you can sync it with Google play so you have an easy way to recover your profiles and you can still get EA to restore them if all else fails.

Message 33 of 68 (2,258 Views)

★★ Novice
Working perfect. I have on phone and transfer to another device whith progress and all. Remeber this is before u lost any data/ progress etc..this method works normal online. Best regards.
Message 34 of 68 (2,046 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is an old post but i just wanted to give it a bump because this worked perfectly even though thanks to this user for posting this

Message 35 of 68 (2,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What exactly was the solution?

Many were mentioned here, and I can't figure out what works.

Thanks!

Message 36 of 68 (1,882 Views)

Community Manager

@EA_Spectre wrote:

Plants vs. Zombies 2 uses Google+ to sync your progress across your Android devices!  To enable this functionality, you will need to sign into your Google+ account in the game.

1. Launch PvZ 2.
  2. In the lower right corner of the main menu, tap the g+ icon*.
  3. You will be prompted to log in.

* If you have already logged in, your icon will instead resemble a gaming controller. You can tap it to view your Achievements and Leaderboard standings.

Did you log into your Google+ account in-game? What happened then?

@DMF54321 

You can transfer your data to a new device if you sync your progress to the cloud. We have a help article below with steps on how to do that.

Cloud Saves for PvZ2

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-2/save-your-pvz2-progress-with-ic...

Blueberry.png
Message 37 of 68 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I think I experience the same thing. I sync my PvZ 2 with Google Play and EA account. Before, it works perfectly. I have stable internet connection but in the Cloud button where you sign in your EA account, I can't force sync data because it says I have poor internet connection.

Message 38 of 68 (1,700 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm currently experiencing this problem.... I got a new phone and I've linked my Google play games profile to it and when I hit restore purchases it says s"restored 0 purchases"

I  can see all my achievements and such on Google play games, but nothing will restore.

I'm at a loss for what to do at this point as I don't have my old device anymore either.

Such to lose all my purchases and all the levels I unlocked, and having to start all over.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

Message 39 of 68 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I logged into my Google play games account it even prompts me to restore purchases when I open the in game store, but when I hit restore it says "Successfully restored 0 purchases"

So now what?

Message 40 of 68 (1,363 Views)