Re: Warning! Cannot move data to new device!

by NathanielToby

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have discovered a way to do this on an android device the only problem is that it is kind of broken but will still allow you to keep your data what you have to do is go to /sdcard/android/data/com.eagame.pvz2_n/files/no_backup and in there there is a file called pp.dat that is the save file for the game what you have to do is copy that and put it on the new device the only thing is that you can only load this offline, once the game is loaded you can go online  but every time you load the game you must be offline if you load it online it acts as a fresh install of the game and deletes all game data, and the only way to get your data back is to put the file back into the folder it is recommended that you make a backup when you are done playing that way your progress is saved it will save it for you but you will lose it if you load the game on accident, even if you load it online and it says create a user profile and try to quit it will still not fix the issue. If there is any other way you know please be sure to share this is the only way i have found but only works offline.

Message 11 of 68 (9,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this and it didn't work for me after a factory reset

Message 12 of 68 (9,582 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is possible to move your game to a different device - I've done it in the past.  In fact the device I was originally playing on just seems to have died (Nexus 7 2014). However... I can't move the game to my new cell phone (Moto G4 unlocked no sim card).  When I look at the acheivements I can see MINE, but the game won't let me play MY game.  All I can do is start a new one.

I'm still experimenting.  I'll get back to you if and when I find a solution.

Message 13 of 68 (9,571 Views)

★ Apprentice

have same issue as op and i dont get any cloud save option when i log on old device

Message 14 of 68 (9,546 Views)

★ Novice

I had this same problem...  like the servers were refusing to sync...

Just copy the save data manually to the new device... it works for sure:

Backup using data file

1. Open your file explorer.
  2. Go to mnt>sdcard>Android>data>com.ea.game.pvz_row (or com.ea.game.pvz_na if you have the North American version)
  3. Go to No_Backup in the files folder.
  4. Backup pp.dat.
  5. Whenever you want to restore the data, just copy the pp.dat file to this location.
Message 15 of 68 (9,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Having trouble recovering game. Google Play games shows progress. When I launched a fresh version of the game there is no icon on the lower right of the menu for connecting. Or anywhere for that matter.
Message 16 of 68 (8,346 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Very nice Thanks so very much Thumbs up

Message 17 of 68 (8,247 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In the past, I have always been able to login with Google+, tap on my profile name, and get all of my progress. I have had this game over like 4-5 phones. Now, I get nothing. My achievements are all there, but all my levels, plants, coins, gems etc are GONE. Has EA/Popcap helped anyone with this yet? Are we all screwed?

Message 18 of 68 (8,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does copying pp.dat work properly with online sync?

Message 19 of 68 (8,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did they ever respond to you???? I'm having the same issue Frown

Message 20 of 68 (8,030 Views)