Re: Transfer Account

by lawmfw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transfer Account

★★★ Newbie

I played PVZ2 on my mom's phone for a long time and then my parents bought me a new iPad. Her phone was logged into her iCloud ID at the time but my new iPad uses my iCloud ID and so PVZ2 doesn't recognize my progress. I would like to transfer my progress from my mom's phone to my iPad and have not been able to do so. I have searched online for solutions but none of them work. I tried to log her phone and mined into Game Center with my ID but the sync didn't work. 

How do I do this?

Message 1 of 10 (1,823 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution. I signed into my new iPad with my mom’s account but signed into Game Center with mine. Played the game for a day or so to allow it to sync with the online servers. Then I logged out of her iCloud account on the device and logged in with my iCloud ID. PVZ2 still retained all my progress. Thanks for the helpful ideas everybody!

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,682 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

You can ask EA Help Center if they can transfer the profile to another ID but it is a long shot.

You can log into her icloud from your device...

Message 2 of 10 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@mnatureson  If you want to transfer it has to be the same iCloud account. Make sure her phone has PVZ2 iCloud sync enabled (in cloud settings from memory). Then once that's done, on your device, ask her to sign-in to your device and have the iCloud stuff sync across.

In terms of transferring across to a different account, not sure - it'll be an EA support question, but in the interim the above will have your progress transferred across.

Message 3 of 10 (1,783 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Always make sure you have an up to date screenshot of your player i.d. number in case it goes wrong and you need to restore your profiles from EA's backups.

You will find it at; Loading screen/ settings/ build version.

Message 4 of 10 (1,779 Views)

Community Manager

@mnatureson 

We have all the full details on how to transfer progress from one device to another. Like others mentioned though, you'll want to make sure your iCloud or Google account in order for this to happen. Your Player ID is important to write down in the event you need to contact our Live-Support team so they can pull up your account.

How to Transfer PvZ Progress to Another Device

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/Account-amp-Mobile-Help-Look-here/m-p/7883871#M9093

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,715 Views)

Champion

@mnatureson  

I agree with @RogueYumei

Transferring from your mom's account over to your account is not likely to be possible as if it were, then there will be many exploits opened.  (for example like selling your accounts to other players)

In short, I think you can either chose to start a new PVZ2 account for yourself or carry on using your mom's.

Message 6 of 10 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution. I signed into my new iPad with my mom’s account but signed into Game Center with mine. Played the game for a day or so to allow it to sync with the online servers. Then I logged out of her iCloud account on the device and logged in with my iCloud ID. PVZ2 still retained all my progress. Thanks for the helpful ideas everybody!

Message 7 of 10 (1,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mnatureson 

Thank you for letting us know the good news, I will make a note of this method just in case other IOS users are wanting to do the same.

Message 8 of 10 (1,674 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

yes, tyvm for sharing your solution.

worthy or saving for a rainy day or a new device !

Message 9 of 10 (1,662 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@mnatureson awesome! and if you see a little cloud on the title screen for Cloud Sync (if you register an EA account) you can force a manual sync to save your progress for further redundancy.
Message 10 of 10 (1,640 Views)