Re: Too many upgrades, not enough coins

by ElAguila64

Original Post

Too many upgrades, not enough coins

★★★★★ Apprentice

With all of the new plants and the newer mastery levels I am finding that coins are more precious to me than the jewels are. With all of this new stuff I think they should double some of the coins that you win such as Mr Pinata. Yes I can watch an ad to get 500 free coins. But this doesn't help much when you have several plants requiring 50,000 in order to upgrade. Any others running into this problem? 

Message 1 of 17 (1,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

When they changed the old streak system with the multiplyer i could see gauntlets,seeds and coins were going to be in short supply so i stockpiled a couple of million coins when i had the chance. All i can suggest is you take advantage of the pinata party glitch as much as you can and only upgrade plants that you use.

Message 2 of 17 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

(Real) money talks! (well, at least it helps to solve this problem)

The latest change was to encourage players to spend their $$$ or £££ for upgrade -- be it Coins, Gems or special seed packages.

Message 3 of 17 (1,192 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

The latest change was to encourage players to spend their $$$ or £££ for upgrade -- be it Coins, Gems or special seed packages.

Which is totally understandable. Companies are always keen on making money Wink But I'm very "surprised" on how much money you would have to spend to max out your plants to M200. If my math is correct you would have to spend $40,000 to get the amount of coins you need to upgrade your plants to max mastery level (not taking seed packets into account). For me, that is just ridiculous...

Message 4 of 17 (1,186 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Today there is a really EAsy pinata party and it is also the end of the pinata party week so i pick up the 4,000 coin bonus (you don't see the animation if you've activated the glitch, watch the coin total).

So i get 5,000+ coins and a few seeds for watching an ad and playing EAsy pinata parties to give my coins a boost.

Message 5 of 17 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Honestly, what did you expect from EA?  I bought a couple of upgrades and won't spend any more because the pricing is outrageous and it's all about greed with EA.

Message 6 of 17 (1,162 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I thought I had stocked up under the old streak system but it wasn't enough to last very long. 

Message 7 of 17 (1,135 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PowerToss wrote:

@eieio_31310 wrote:

Which is totally understandable. Companies are always keen on making money Wink But I'm very "surprised" on how much money you would have to spend to max out your plants to M200. If my math is correct you would have to spend $40,000 to get the amount of coins you need to upgrade your plants to max mastery level (not taking seed packets into account). For me, that is just ridiculous...

Now you know why there is a Boycott on Reddit. The Old streak system was "Broken" they say, but really it was perfect imo. You could only reach high streaks, if you played alot and there was the ability to lose it. If you lost it, it was much worse than the current streak system.

Message 8 of 17 (1,061 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The old streak rewards were way too generous.  Sad it was just not reduced but eliminated entirely !!

Message 9 of 17 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@lawmfw wrote:

The old streak rewards were way too generous.  Sad it was just not reduced but eliminated entirely !!

It would be an easy fix, just put back a multiplier

Message 10 of 17 (1,041 Views)