Thank you so much EA for Training!

by D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

Original Post

Thank you so much EA for Training!

★ Guide

What a wonderful concept...

You bring in this new TRANING feature for Battlez, which you make up into some big deal...

But then you  NINJA-EDIT the rules while battlez are IN PROGRESS, so that everything you tested and planned out in Battles was for NOTHING.

Just.... absolutely GENIUS!

Way to go!

Congratulations to the team!

Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)

Re: Thank you so much EA for Training!

★★★★★ Expert

I'm not happy with the training mode either.

I was getting 2.3-2.4 million in training but in a tournament i got as little as 573,000 and on average around 1.5 million.

3 tries isn't enough, i think 5 or 6 would be better.

It would be really good if EA could explain things IN DETAIL before they happen instead of just doing them.

Message 2 of 5 (332 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS What is even better is the fact that by doing that, they also nerfed the plant of the week.

Which make absolutly no sense in a commercial point of view Thinking

I remember that when Haem announced Buffez and Bruisez and the other news things on REDDIT forum I was kinda skeptical about it.

There were a lot of issues, bugs and problems on the game at that time - remember the Battlez weekly reward bug that took ages to get fixed ?

Well I guess that bugs and issues can happen.

But when you have issues on a system, you try to fix them first before adding new features that can make things more complicated or more unstable.

So adding new features on the game did not seem to be a good idea, well at least not the priority.
But I was told that everything would be alright by EA/PopCap CM.

Toadstool's Warped Tournament: Poncho zombie was removed because it was buggy

Contain-mint's Tournament: Magnet-shroom was buggy (how convenient after it did so well in the previous tournament Thinking) and was banned from tournament (and still is) + Cauli nerfed for no reasons

Shadow Peashooter's Tournament: Shadow peashooters seeds in the Battlez Modern Day Pinatas that were removed after 2 days even if in-game ads said we could have seeds in Battlez. Very confusing and shady. If players did not protest on Reddit, I'm not sure we would have SP seeds this week to be honest.
Parsnip's TournamentA buffed plant family turned into a nerfed family less than 2 hours after the beginning of the tournament (and after most players used their Training games), nerfing in the process the Plant of the week.

I let people get their own opinion on the fact that "everything went right" since the last update. Angel

Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

It would be really good if EA could explain things IN DETAIL before they happen instead of just doing them.

Sadly, there's just one fatal  flaw in that way of thinking. For EA/Popcap to be able to explain things IN DETAIL to us, they first of all need to understand it themselves - and everything points to the fact that they clearly don't.

IF they did, they wouldn't keep messing up over and over again.

I'm just so grateful that their devs are working in the games sector. Imagine what it would be like if they were working on the control software for Nuclear power stations! We'd be either left without power every few hours, or in the middle of a nuclear winter. (At least those of us who survived the aftermath of an "Oops, I didn't mean to do that" moment.)

Message 4 of 5 (314 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I've been trying to find out more details about spear-mint, with a view to upgrading.
It's so new it's not on fandom yet (neither is shadow peashooter) so i tried the official EA pvz2 site and the only mint on there is fila-mint!
Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)