Re: Terrible lagging of the PvZ2 ! Plese help me!

by KILLER_from_KIEV

Original Post

Terrible lagging of the PvZ2 ! Plese help me!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, glad to meet you!

Plants vs Zombies 2 I have already been installed for about 2 years, and I have not had such serious problems with the game yet. 20.04.2017 or 21 at night I played the Challenge in the Wild West. Then I went into Zen Garden and when I touched the pot to plant a new plant in the Zen Garden, the image of the garden froze, the game lagged. 10 seconds later it began to reload. When it was reloaded, the game firstly worked ok, the dictionary of zombies/plants, the purchase of donates, jams, coins - all ok. However, the Zen Garden just as accurately lagged, as it was the first time. Moreover, practically I can not play any level in any of the worlds, and also earn seed packets in the Travel Log. When I click on any level, a normal sound is heard, than the screen turns white and freezes. After that the game reboots again after 10 seconds and so on ad infinitum (

At this, I can play normal vasebracker and level 11 of the Pirate Seas. May be this is due to the upgrade of plants? In vasebracker and at level 11 plants are used without upgrade.

I stopped the game many times, cleaned the cache, twice reinstalled it - all in vain ....

Please help me to solve this problem!

Regards, K_f_K

Message 1 of 11 (7,222 Views)

Anonymous
Buying a new device seems to be the only viable option to be honest.
Message 2 of 11 (6,916 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For the sake of the game, I bought a new device, but as it turned out, the problem is not in my old device, but in the game. I think the developers did not expect that someone will have enough patience to pass 1100 levels of Ancient Egypt Challenge with monstrous lags ...

Message 3 of 11 (6,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am running PvZ 2 on a tablet with the Intel Atom® x5-Z8350 Quad Core 1.92 GHz CPU (2016) and game still lags on Pyramid of Doom - Level 330. It is clearly a programming issue. From developer's point of view it could be that the game have an issue with zombie wave management i.e. it adds too many zombies too soon and then tries to process them even when zombies are invisible or processing is unnecessary. Maybe, for example, you have 50 zombies on the screen, and game tries to process image and sound of all 50 of them, when it could skip processing image of the zombie if it is hidden or skip sound processing of the zombie if this is 9th zombie and its sound won't make any difference. Also it seems like game has some sort of processing queue of events, will process all of it without optimisation, despite some of events becoming obsolete. It looks like new zombies are released when you kill some of them from the old wave (I can delay zombie wave by simply freezing them). I don't know how game is coded, but this behaviour could lead to leak, when multiple zombie waves are released if you kill just couple zombies from current wave, while there are a lot of zombies from the previous waves on the screen. Game speed will increase if I freeze all zombies with the powered Iceberg Letuce, because it will temporary suspend processing of zombies. Game still continues to lag terribly even if ALL zombies are killed, by using power up on multiple Ice-Pults, which means that game is processing something invisible very inefficiently. Anyway, this is speculation, but this is how lag issue looks from a developers point of view.

Message 4 of 11 (6,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But why developers cannot fix this problem? On April 2017 I wrote them about issue, sent videos with my lags, but they have not yet released an appropriate update of the game, which they promised me ... Is this really difficult for them, I wonder? 

Message 5 of 11 (6,805 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Developers won't fix it untill management tells them, and EA mananagement don't care as long as money flowing. This is EA, double winners of "Worst Company in America" award according to reader polls of Consumer Reports. EA executives proved multipel times that they care very little about morals. EA is bread and butter of studies like "1 in 5 CEOs are psychopaths". This is probably the reason why PvZ leaderborads are full of very obvious cheaters with technically impossible stats, another easy to fix issue, which is important only for people with morals.

Message 6 of 11 (6,786 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the answer! In fact, I guessed about this.

Do you think, it makes no sense to expect help from them? 

Message 7 of 11 (6,778 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would not hold the breath, because this bug was present from the start of the game and game is 4 years old, so there could be another 4 years before they fix it. Chance of the fix will increase with more people complaining. Good news is that, sooner or later, EA will be out of ideas on how to make more money out of PvZ 2 and fixing bugs will be the only option to try. Unless, of course, EA will release PvZ 3 first.

Message 8 of 11 (6,771 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly, time is working for us) Sooner or later everyone will face this problem ... However, will not we lose sympathy for the game in 4 years?) 

Message 9 of 11 (6,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, we will lose sympathy. EA doesn't care. They just pump new games and forget about the old ones. It has always been like that.

Besides the game being slow-ish overall (even for a high end device), my touch is also off center and I have to touch slightly to the right to get the desired touch position.

Message 10 of 11 (5,573 Views)