Re: Streak Reset

by lawmfw

Original Post

Streak Reset

★★★ Newbie

Hi, EA finally redirected me here. That being said, several weeks ago I was playing Battlez when my game crashed. My 9x streak sitting around 900ish wins was wiped out and reset to 0. I've done everything on my end to fix the problem to no avail. Considering how much time I've spent grinding for seeds, to say that I am disappointed, sad, and angry, would be an understatement. I've played PVZ2 for countless hours. I'm willing to trade coins, gems, pots, gauntlets, mints, or even real money to get my streak back. To put it simply, it's not fair. It would take dozens and dozens of tedious hours of grinding to get back to where I was. There's no sense of payoff for the first several dozen hours of playtime. I mean, I'm getting an insignificant fraction of the seeds I'd need to level my plants.

I've emailed EA several times on this matter. They were absolutely no help whatsoever. Their solutions were nothing short of basic. A simple Google search provided me with more help. They closed my case 3 times without notifying me. EA's support, or lack thereof is immensely disappointing and infuriating. I would go so far to say that it absolutely sucks. Where's the customer service? No phone number or live chat? What the crap, EA?

To make matters worse, a few months ago, I was stuck with the problem of being unable to install PvZ2. It took me weeks of frustrating and aggravating trouble shooting to figure it out on my own. Since I didn't have my access to my player ID, I couldn't email EA for help. To make a long and painful story short, I had to factory reset my phone to reinstall the game. This was a completely unacceptable fix worsened by the fact that I couldn't get any help from EA.

I've been holding out on playing Battlez and the daily pinata parties in a somewhat dismal hope that my problem will be resolved. But, I've finally given up hope. I'm going to start playing again. I think at this point, I just came here to vent. Although, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 6 (1,309 Views)

Champion

Sorry to hear you are too a victim of the streak reset bug.

Based on the support from EA thus far, I do not think you will be getting your streak back.

There is a forum member here who suffered this over 10 times (14 at my last count this morning) and he was told he would not get any helps.  More details can be found in

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/12TH-STREAK-RESET/m-p/7743078#M8116

Message 2 of 6 (1,256 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I just had another long streak (>1520) ended by a game crash so I know how you feel.  All the time invested in building a streak in order to benefit from it just gone in a * of smoke !!

If you enjoy the game then you should just "get back on that horse" and ride on.

This is not just a PvZ2 issue; all games have some kind of 'problems' which is really sad if you think about it...

Message 3 of 6 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The bugiest game i could ever remember playing in a long history of playing games since the Sinclair spectrum was hidden and dangerous on the pc.

No internet in those days (probably before most of you were born) and you bought pc gamer once a month and it would have a cd💿 with demos, utilities and patches.

We generally didn't mind patching games every month because we knew the devs were trying and cared about their games. 

Now we're in the internet age and EA doesn't seem to do much about fixing known bugs or issues with one of it's games. If i want to buy something then money will disappear with a few taps of my finger in a few seconds, but good luck finding out just where or who it goes to or anyone claiming a shred of responsibility.

Message 4 of 6 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

My streak reset because I continued to use PvZ2 even though there was a "You have received a FREE Guantlet" screen stuck in the display's background and I am continuing to have this problem all week...

Now I am just exiting PvZ2 and then starting over again; hoping to not lose another streak.

EDIT:  Hurray !!   back in the x2 multiplier to feel the love of even more seed packets !

UPDATE EDIT:  Officially addicted to BattleZ - just regained x3 multiplier and closing in on my fourth consecutive week with >1000 crowns

Message 5 of 6 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, EA does nothing to help people. i want to get some mints back that i accidentally spent and EA gives me nothing.

Message 6 of 6 (1,052 Views)